Home Chat General Chat

I predict a Riot

Something must be done. Its an outrage. I have never been so insensed.
There was I with Lady Britspin trundling around the supermarket, reached for the Soreen supply..and....the wrapper, something has happened, I put it back thinking I had picked up a generic, but noooooooooooooooooo its gone all modern, its changed. Its not the same. Now, I understand that change isn't always bad & sometimes things have to change due to a changing world, competitors and different circumstances & idealogies alter the way things are, the law of unexpected side effects comes into play, but Soreen wrappers?
I will write to my MP...& the Daily Mail.

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    With the change in logo,you might have to change your avatar.
    One advantage of the change is that there is alot of 2 for 1 offers on soreen.
  • jonnnijonnni Posts: 32
    'tis true - I also had the same shock BUT I fear it is even worse - the 50% extra slab that my trendy new wrapper contains is not the original.. I think they have changed the process to make this bigger but also lighter textured version!
    Step aside swine flu - this is possibly the worst threat that humanity has faced this century!
  • Yeah, but progress is progress, and now they do banana, repeat BANANA
    TRIumphant wrote:
    Yeah, but progress is progress, and now they do banana, repeat BANANA
    Heathens,
    if I want banana I will put a banana on it,
    progress my arrrrrrh they really putting banana in it.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    How is this progress? I have not yet opened & eaten this 'New' soreen, I am riddled with trepidation..nay fear. I am a man (stop sniggering at the back..)& can put my own banana on my own malt loaf thank youverymuch.*
    Who decided this? Was it put to referendum? I think not. Consultation? I think not.

*That sounded better in my head..
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    You can get a light version now, too. I'm pretty sure that light soreen is actually ilegal.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    ........not only illegal but pointless, add it to the list of similar..de-caffeinated coffee, alcohol free beer..
    Britspin wrote:
    ........not only illegal but pointless, add it to the list of similar..de-caffeinated coffee, alcohol free beer..
    You can add Irn Bru Lite,to that list.WTF
  • pippip Posts: 170
    On a similar vein i bought a packet of Morrisons salted peanuts and they've also changed the packet .......and guess what they've only gone and cut down ths salt content.They now taste like UNSALTED peanuts.I feel it's another decision taken away from us,if i want to cut down on anything i'll do it meself thankyou very much.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • I don't know how to tell you all this, I just picked up some (6 packs)malt loaf for 5p each.

YEAH BABY.
  • Where? where? where?

I also noticed the new packs have something about being energy food on them, do you think they've caught on to athlete use? it'll go onto the IOC banned list next, they always take all the good stuff way from us
  • doogledoogle Posts: 58
    Dare i say that i actually prefer Tesco value malt loaf to soreen which i find a bit too stodgy. only trouble is they have been out of stack for the last 2 weeks, its also less than half the price!!
  • Heresy

Burn the witch