Home Chat General Chat

chinese carbon frames

ok, anyone has any experience of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/12K-Carbon-Triathlo ... 230b3e2194

With prices of branded frames and so on i reckon you can put a carbon frame tt bike with SRAM rival gruppo + wheels + handlebars and seat together for roughly 1000£.

Or is it better just buy a planet-x stealth???

Comments

• Careful who you buy from, as not all frames are equal, far from it.

I did a lot of looking at chinese frames a while back, and from what I can remember there weren't great reviews on the frames on eBay (can't access the link just to check that one).

There was one company that had been used a lot, with overall good feedback about price, service, and frame quality. I can't remember the name just now, but a google search for chinese frames might help you find the forums/threads on it.

You also need to think about warranty etc, as you won't get that from ebayers...
  • I had a look at a couple of these carbon frames in their UK branded forms and, further to other issues such as warranty, I found the setup and geometry very aggressive for triathlon plus at the time I had seen some reviews on the quality with issues on the rear dropouts.

Really considered it though given the potential value for money, had a look a Px as well but plumped for a Trek SC7 due to fit issues.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well the ebay frame cost is $550, shipping $85 then add on duty which I think is 30% for bikes so grand total $800 which is £500ish

PX Stealth frame is £425, add on forks and seatpost and just under £600 so not a humongeous different in price. The Stealth record speaks for itself, UK supplier so any probs should be a tad easier to sort out.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Just looking at a different thread 2-infinity-wheels-t49633.html and is it me or is the frame http://www.cycle2infinity.co.uk/#/frames/4536980130 the same as in the ebay link?

Problem is of course that it may come from same mould but different lay ups etc, anyway just a thought.
  • andissandiss Posts: 82
    search is over, i now own a 2010 k-factor, which also prob fits moneyspend vs performance level.

now i only need to get a pair of really fancy wheels....