Home Chat General Chat

Saddle Sore newby

Help! I am a forty-something woman new to the world of triathlon- aiming to complete my first later this year- and I am having difficulty with my saddle. After 20 mins riding in the racing position my nether regions become numb, relieved only by standing in the pedals. I have decided to invest in a ladies specific saddle and after much research on the web I have narrowed it down to 2 possibilities; the Terry butterfly gel, or the Selle Italia gel (both ladies saddles) Does anyone have any advice re either of these or any other suggestions? I (and my nether regions) will be eternally grateful.

Comments

• guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Get a body geometry saddle made by specialized. Don't know if they have women specific but I've never had any problems.
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    It may also be worth while looking at the angle of you seat. I find having mine tilted (with the nose of the saddle up in the air) slightly helps force my backside further back onto the saddle apreading my weight over more surface area, and for some reason I also find the position feels more powerful. It could be yours is currently forcing you forwards and distributing all your weight onto the nose of the saddle hence the pain you get, and getting a ladies specific saddle won't help to correct that problem.