Home Chat General Chat

You know you're a "Triathlete" when....

You cant help but look out of the car window when driving over bridges/past lakes and think...."hmmmm looks good for swimming...T1 would be right over there...."

How fast you get your shoes off/get changed becomes important

You explain to anyone thinking of doing a Sprint distance to "just take it easy seeing as its your first one...."

You're doing "finger drag", kick, and float drills in the medium lane.

Bike rides are never just bike rides.....interval sprints then run brick session.

Poor performances are put down to "tapering" or "nutrition problems"

Comments

• You post a topic titled " you know when your a triathlete when...." on a triathlon forum
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    So I've finally made it?
    Sweet!
  • OranjOranj Posts: 45
    ... everything is just transition
  • When you're the only sad muppet to brave the pouring rain and howling wind at lunch time to get some bike speed work in.....hmmmmm
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I've started holding the steering wheel of my car in the aero position (only for a few seconds at a time mind you). You know, elbows together, forearms parallel...
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I also hoard safety pins.
  • moobsmoobs Posts: 14
    You have more compression and lycra based clothing than JJB sports...
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    You never drink,you just hydrate.

You are not sitting down but recovering.

You know exactly how many calories are on your plate at any one time,and know exactly what training is required to negate them.

Your hair is tinged green with chlorine.and despite copious amounts of shower gel and deodorant you can never get rid of that swimming pool smell.

You never get invited out,as all your ex friends think you are a tri bore and just spend every spare moment training.So an invitation is pointless.

After hours of solitary training you finally realise that the company you prefer is solidily singular,totally trustworthy,straight and sincere.
  • andissandiss Posts: 82
    ...an hour walk on a sunday afternoon with the missus will replace your schedueled 5km run..

...at parties you tell people that "a pint of lager is the same as eating a large snicker bar - and you wouldnt eat 5 in a row now would ya"

...at your buddies stag you try to sneak home early and are happy that the hotel actually has a pool so you can sneak in a km or two before they all wake up...
    ...your Missus says "you've lost too much weight...your muscles have gone"
  • andissandiss Posts: 82
    ha ha ha....my missus said:

"You have lost too much wheight - Your nice big ass is gone"

• AtomicAtomic Posts: 126

...You have more pairs of compression tights than you do jeans!
  • When you put your bike in the car, it double's the cars value
  • This is total plagiary, but there was a similar thread a couple of years ago and my favourite response was something like:

"You're at work, you go into a business meeting. Someone offers round plastic cups of water from the water dispenser. You instinctly grab one cup, down it, grab a second cup, empty it over your head, scrunch it up, chuck it to the side and yell "Come on!"."

The only one I can add is from personal experience. After years of buying baggy clothes and thinking that tight t-shirts/shirts/trousers are decidedly dodgy fashion crimes, you suddenly decide that shaping t-shirts, lycra and compression gear is really rather fetching. Or maybe that's just my mid-life crisis kicking in...
  • You wear a heart rate monitor everywhere you go.
  • fellifelli Posts: 4
    You havn't bought any clothes that isn't training gear for about a year.
  • gasgasgasgas Posts: 21
    your internet homepage is set as Wiggle...
  • When every door handle in your property has something hanging to dry on it
    There are more water bottles in your cupboards than glasses
    You stop sponsoring anyone who isn’t going to do something “hard”
    You check out every cyclists’, bike, shoes, top, helmet, wheels, gloves…
    You analyse every other swimmer’s technique
    Starting saying things like “only swam 2k”
    You know how to program your fancy oversized watch for your training sessions