Home Chat General Chat

Twitching in Calves

Why does my left calve twitch continuosly, and sometimes the right one. Is this due to training? I did have sciatica, and the leg has never really gained it full elasticity.

It doesn't hurt, if anything it feels nice. However is this due to training?

Comments

• BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Could be worthwhile getting a decent sports massage and getting any kinks rubbed out of the muscle as this could be the cause of the problem.
  • Hi Jason,

I've often had twitches, I've tended to get them in my Triceps!! I was told that it was simply being over tired and that a decent rest was all that was needed. The Advice seem to work, I'd lay of trianing for a day or 2 and seem to come back feeling stronger mentally and physically!

Dermski!

• JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Actually I am not sure if it is twitching, it feels more like the muscles moving around?

I just did a 5 mile run, and the leg that had sciatica, the muscles are going mad.

• I used to suffer from twitching eyelids. My doctor said it was the lack of magnesium in my diet. Apparently magnesium alows the muscles to relax when one is in a relaxed state. I take a supplement and it stoped my twitching eyelids. Possibly it could do the same for your calves.