Home Sell Triathlon Gear

CUBE AERIUM RACE TT BIKE 52 CM BRAND NEW

The bike is brand new and never ridden. Bought from thebicycledoctor, S. Wales last week in a moment of madness. I was convinced buying a TT bike would improve my times but since I like to enter Triathlons with hilly bike courses I have made a serious error of judgement. Retail at £1799 but looking for offers above £1000.

Features:

• Frame: HPA 7005 Hydroform Triple Butted
• Fork: Dedacciai Black Fin Carbon
• Headset: FSA Orbit Z semi-Integrated
• Stem: Syntace F109 Oversized
• Handlebars: Syntace Stratos CX Carbon Oversized
• Bar Extension: Syntace C3 Clip
• Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra RD 6700SS
• Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra FD-6700F 2-speed, Braze
• STI: RL970 TT Carbonlever, Shimano Dura Ace SL-BS79 Endshifter, 10-speed
• Brakes: Shimano Ultegra BR-6700
• Chainset: FSA SL-K Light Megaexo Carbon 53x39, Integrated BB
• Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-6700 12-25, 10-speed
• Chain: Shimano Ultegra CN-6700
• Wheelset: CUBE HP Aero
• Tyres: Schwalbe Ultremo R Kevlar 23x622
• Tubes: Schwalbe RR light SV20
• Rim Tape: Schwalbe 16-622
• Pedals: None
• Saddle: Fi'zi:k Arione Tri
• Seatpost: Aero Prolight Drop
• Seatclamp: Scape Aero Drop
• Weight: 8,20 kg

Please check the links below for detailed descriptions:

http://www.cube-bikes.de/xist4c/web/aer ... 36194_.htm
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=44416

Entered Helvellyn and Alpe D'huez so you can see it won't be any good to me.

Buyer can collect or I'll arrange courier at buyers cost.

Any questions drop me a PM

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Would you consder selling components separately?
  • pkdo75pkdo75 Posts: 20
    I've thought about doing this but once I've started I'm committed to selling the lot and I need £1000 to buy some new wheels. What did you want off the bike?
  • stephmanstephman Posts: 3
    Is the complete bike still for sale?
    Yes but you'll need to be quick
    Would you accept £1000?
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Why not return it to the shop for a full refund?

It's not nicked is it !!!!
    Willieverfinish,

Thanks for your advice, the bike is definitely not nicked, I have the receipt, manuals, etc. If you're interested please post if not then please refrain from such nonsense even if you feel I am a robber.

Regards,

Paul
    Would you accept £1000?
    Stephman,

I've sent you a couple of pm's. If you can't find them then you can call/text me on 07818268159. Alternatively leave me some contact details and I'll get back to you straight away.

Regards,

Paul
    Stephman,

If you cut and paste this link it should take you to a cube dealers locator:
    http://maps.cube.eu/
    If your near London there's quite a few to choose from, just enter your nearest town and it finds them all within a radius

Hope to hear from you soon.

Paul
  • Hi

Very interested in the said bike. How much would you sell without the wheels, as I already have a full disc and deep rim set of wheels .

Regards
    Allan
  • Someone can't take a joke..... I'd take it back for a refund if it was me but hey ho.

Sorry for trying to save you £700 and what is obviously a hassle.

And no thanks I don't want to but it. It's a touch on the small side

Best of luck
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Whats this massive error of judgement you say you have made buying a TT bike and generally race hilly events?

I have raced Bala HIM, Wimbleball, IM UK and Ballbuster Duathlon to name a few events that are quite hilly on my TT... Just get a cassette that allows you to climb the hills.....

My question is:

When riding a road bike up hill where on the bars are your hands?

Possible answers:

1) On the Tops - solution - using a TT bike just hold the arm rests of the aero extensions.

2) On the Hoods - solution - using a TT bike....guess what.... Use the hoods on that....

3) On the Drops - solution - If you are climbing using the drops then you can stay in the aero position or just use the hoods.

Climbing on a TT bike is no different to climbing on a road bike......
    That'll be why they use them in the TDF?
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Oh I see....Your a Professional Cyclist.....clearly comparing yourself to guys in the TDF. Well in that case you probably use a 59 tooth Chainring when doing flat rides then just because Cancellara does it...

Or let move away from Cycling and to football for instance, Just because David Beckham wore Adidas Predator boots for playing in, you would go out and buy then because then they will make you play as good as Beckham?

Ok, let me put it this way then....

For myself, It makes no odds which of my bikes I ride up hills. I can climb on both. I did the Ballbuster Duathlon about 4 weeks ago, and if you didnt know this already, it is centered around a very steep Hill called BOXHILL, Now I did this on my road bike last year and my TT bike this year.
    Here are my splits of a 25 mile ride (including 3 climbs of boxhill)

Road : 1:16:03
    TT: 1:14:21

and can I say I climbed the last lap in the big ring which has 53 teeth and the cog on the rear cassette that has 16 Teeth on.

Now tell me that a Road bike is quicker up a hill than a TT bike...

At the end of the day we were all just offering advice and as with nearly 99% of posts centered around the old type of threads such as

'what should I buy' or 'Road or TT' or 'Which nutrition should I use' or the most used one 'Tubs or Clinchers'

You will get a different reply from everyone because everyone has their own opinion.

And the actual final decision is made by yourself. No one dragged you into the shop and forced you to buy a TT bike.... You are the only person that can say whether or not your capable of riding a road bike or TT bike. Why didnt you take a TT bike out for a test ride up a hill near to where you bought it, then return to the shop and take a road bike out on the same route and make a decision from that.
    I am sure you could not have been far from a hill when at the shop considering the shop was in WALES.
    Not really known for its pan flat landscape is it now?
    Any decent bike shop will allow you to test ride bikes before you buy them so you dont waste your money.

Anyway, If you dont agree with the advice given when asking such an open ended question like the one you asked, after you bought it then you cant blame anyone else.
  • You've been told by the Hussler.

I still don't get why you can't take it back for a FULL refund .

Still, like I said sorry for trying to help out.

Ps - I'd listen to the Hussler if I were you - these GB athletes kinda know their stuff
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Actually I think a road bike is a better option for the OP.
    If he's an amateur, as I suspect, then the handling/comfort issues of a TT bike are not worth it for HIM on hilly courses.
    Unless you are relatively skilled then descending on a TT bike can be very dangerous. And road bikes generally have a much more forgiving geometry which you need, particularly on long climbs.
    Hussler makes some sound points, but he is more experienced and uses his TT bike everywhere. (Although your Boxhill splits are misleading because they are a year apart! Apart from the physical differences on the day - weather, wind etc - your fitness may be greatly improved so that is somewhat flawed IMO)
    But, coming back to the OP, good luck flogging the bike. A road bike sound a better option for YOU.
  • Hi Paul.

I have tried to figure out if the bike is still for sale or not, but no luck. So, do you still have it or not? I will buy it straight away for 1100 pounds. Please let me know if you are interested. clas.sweden@gmail.com

Sincerely

Clas Eriksson
    The point is I wasn't actually after his advice, I wanted a buyer for a bike so why he decided to impart his knowledge on my I know not why!!!!