Home Chat General Chat

Rides DVD

Liking the Rides free DVD with this months issue.

Couldnt really be bothered to buy a training DVD before, but really enjoying it. Quite motivating.

Comments

• One day I might be lucky enough to get a TV/DVD infront of my turbo instead of being relagated to the garage - can't see the missus going for bike in the front room...
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    Using an old TV/DVD out in the garage, I'm not that lucky either.
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    Thinking about it, theres always a laptop as an option too.
  • Use a postable DVD myself

Anyway - How did you get on with the quoted distance of 18 miles. I've done it twice following the effort/HR script and only reached 16 miles?!!? Oh well something more to add to my list of winter training targets
  • Anyone know how I can transfer it off the DVD onto my iPhone
  • dhcmdhcm Posts: 67
    Used the DVD today. First time I have had training dvd on the turbo. Completely transformed it for me - usually I get too bored to continue after about 15 mins (do actually keep going for longer, but it is psychological torture), but with the DVD more like a normal ride. Gonna look into a getting abunch of these for Xmas.
  • mine was broken when it arrived.
  • Having used it this morning, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Looking at the California summer though it did depress me a little as I looked out the window to snow and I am living in the coldest part of Britain...

Luckily my kitchen was nice and warm...
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    which DVD is it? I don't get 220 anymore, but am certainly in the market for some more training DVDs.
  • TRIumphant you need to download a prog called handbrake, its free and has the iphone settings preinstalled, just need to select them on the right hand side first, the rest is self explanatory, set the source, then destination of the finished file, it takes about 20 minutes to recode.

download ir here

http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

John
  • Cheers, I'll give it a go.