Home Chat General Chat

Which age group I am in? (born end of december)

Hello,

When I look at the age groups for races such as ironman or 70.3, I'm wondering how they are determined?
Is it the age you got on the 31st of the year you race which counts?

Let's say, I'm born in december 1987. Do you confirm 2011 will be the last year where I'll be able to race within the 18-24 age group as I'll be 24 yo on the 31/12/2011?

Cheers

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Generally the race entry form will stipulate which group you will be in.Over the years I have seen both age on race day and age at last day of the year.

No doubt,if it makes the WTC money they would ask you the age of your second cousins wife's mother,and race you in that age group.

Bothered about getting old?????
  • tamitami Posts: 5
    Bothered about getting old indeed...

But bothered also by the qualifications for the WC 70.3 in age groups! I cannot find anywhere in the Ironman rules where is it stipulated whether it is the age on the race day or on the 31/12 which counts!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    If you trawl through the FAQ of the ironman . Com website,the age group that you race in,is....... Drum roll please...... The age that you are on the 31st of December of the year of the race.

Hope that helps and best of luck qualifying for the 70.3 champs.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    If your 24th birthday is anytime in december 2010 (lets say the 31st Dec) you will be calssed as 24 years old for entire 2010 season.

2011 season you would move up an age group to the 25-29's even though you would 24 for the entire season.

This is a bit of a pain as you really are the youngster in the AG!

My birthday is in November and I have been racing all year (2010) in the 30-34 AG