Home Chat General Chat

which tyres to choose

hi all
i`m hoping to treat myself to a set of Mavic Ksyrium elites for christmas and was wonderering which tyres would be best for them, im interested in time trials too and am going to up my game to olympic tri next year from sprint.

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    tubs or clinchers???
  • sorry i forgot to put clinchers, i had my eye on vittoria diamante pro lite, or a continental tyre. the new wheels will only be used on events or timetrials. cheers
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I used to use verdestein fortezza before I switched to tubs. They were super...
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Conti GP 4 season or Conti GP 4000's
  • dhcmdhcm Posts: 67
    I had same question a few weeks ago and ended up with Michelin pros. Only used them once (due to weather) but the one time I used them cycled c.2 kmh faster than usual. Sounds good right? However, I should mention that I was also using new TT bike with aero wheels for the first time as well...
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Same as hussler:

Conti GP 4 season through the wet and cold stuff and Conti GP 4000's as an all round training and racing tyre once the ice has disappeared.

Ridden them for 2 seasons now, having tried lots of others and wouldn't swap them for any others that I've tried. An excellent combo of good wear, good grip, puncture resistance and speed.