Home Chat General Chat

Vitruvian!!!

Got my place! part Yaaaaay! part terrified.

Anyone else signed up yet?

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Yip I've enetered. And you should be scared.. the bike leg is nails.
  • doogledoogle Posts: 58
    Don't be scared, you will love it. i did the race this year as my first middle distance after never even doing an olympic. I didn't find the bike leg as tough as described (overtook loads esp. up hill). The support round the course is great, as is the organisation. I would advise camping the night before so you are close to transition and not having to rush in the morning.
    This is probably the best event i have ever done and will do it again some time soon.
  • Got my place!!!! Will be my first middle distance

Bring.It.On.

Did the Dambuster at Rutland last year and camped the night before - definately reccommend doing this.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Mois aussi!
  • dhcmdhcm Posts: 67
    I'm in, will be first HIM.

I have heard that the "Rutland Ripple" is the thing to watch out for on the bike course. I presume that this is a series of hills one after the other? How high/steep are they and how many are there?
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    yeah the rutland ripple is a series of the 3 hills... and you have to do it twice!!!
  • It's my first HIM too, I did one olympic last year and a half marathon but the rest of the events were sprints- even so I'm still thinking Yaaay! There's about 10 of us from my tri club entered so far so we'll be able to train together. Luckily we're all local- Rutland water is around 5 miles from my house so no camping needed!

• Im in - as is my girlfriend.

We are doing the Antwerp 70.3 the month before - which will be our first middle distance event.

See you all there!
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Would love to be doing this again....Its my fave race.... unfortunately its only 6 days after my IM...

The bike is nothing out the ordinary to be fair..... Rutland ripple is tough but its really short so you can spend the rest of the 2hours + going really fast:)

I went faster over the two laps than I have ever gone around the single same lap of Dambuster...

PB for Bike leg at Dambuster is 67mins, PB for the Vit were splits of 65mins and 67mins. This tells me I should be able to go much quicker at Dambuster.....Ill aim for sub 65mins at dambuster this year.