Home Chat General Chat

Draft Legal Races

I know bristol have a draft legal wave.

Does anyone know of any other draft legal events?

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Cleveland tri run a tri which incorporates a four up Team time trial element,which is kind of drafting.
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    Why would you want to?
    Jellybaby wrote:
    Why would you want to?
    Because I am an Elite,and that is what we do.(Tongue in cheek).
    Maybe I am not a fast cyclist,
    draft legal races are just one of the many facets of triathlon.

What is a Triathlon?
    Any race that has running,cycling and swimming in it.!!
  • mulemule Posts: 8
    I plan on doing the Barcelona Triathlon which I understand is draft legal in all categories so I would like some practice of racing in pack, other than doing a sportive.
    mule wrote:
    I plan on doing the Barcelona Triathlon which I understand is draft legal in all categories so I would like some practice of racing in pack, other than doing a sportive.
    join a local cycle club,go out on group rides, or join in one of their chain gangs,most club rides usually end up going full out towards the end anyway.

They are very cunning,chances are that if you tell them you are a triathlete then you will be punished and spend most of the time on the front of the pack.

Start cycle racing,best opportunity for pack riding and causing mass pile ups.
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    jon.E wrote:
    [quote="mule":3l5u6glj]I plan on doing the Barcelona Triathlon which I understand is draft legal in all categories so I would like some practice of racing in pack, other than doing a sportive.
    join a local cycle club,go out on group rides, or join in one of their chain gangs,most club rides usually end up going full out towards the end anyway.

They are very cunning,chances are that if you tell them you are a triathlete then you will be punished and spend most of the time on the front of the pack.

Start cycle racing,best opportunity for pack riding and causing mass pile ups.[/quote:3l5u6glj]

Thought that was just my local club....unless you are local?
    They moan about incorrect etiquette (sp?), not taking turns at the front and when u do - the lack of pace. :roll:
    Quitter wrote:
    [quote="jon.E":2w960jk2][quote="mule":2w960jk2]I plan on doing the Barcelona Triathlon which I understand is draft legal in all categories so I would like some practice of racing in pack, other than doing a sportive.

Start cycle racing,best opportunity for pack riding and causing mass pile ups.[/quote:2w960jk2]

Thought that was just my local club....unless you are local?
    They moan about incorrect etiquette (sp?), not taking turns at the front and when u do - the lack of pace. :roll:[/quote:2w960jk2]

that would be the Lincolnshire/East Midlands area then?

Re railing back to Barcelona,there have been a few inconsistences regarding tri bars,some used the draft legal bars as per the rules,yet others used standard tri bars in the race.The referees were not stringent enough.