Home Chat General Chat

What exactly do I need to race?

OK sorry guys but I told you Id be back asking more daft questions but as the title says equipment wise what exactly do I need to race?
What I have,
Running shoes
A bike
clipless pedals and cycling shoes
bike helmet,
goggles
what I think I need
Tri suit (any recommended?)
wetsuit (any recommended?)
number belt
Is there anything else I should have that I will need come raceday thats not on my list?

Cheers
Bobby

Comments

• Significant other with limitless patience (support is asking too much)
    Ability to hide credit card receipts
    Blanking the word "why" from your vocabulary.

Tri suit not made by Orca. Some consider a 2 piece a complete no-no but it's easier to answer the call of nature
    Large bag/box for transporting kit from car to transition
    Lube in various forms.

Now as for training accessories...
  • cycling specs are a must for me, otherwise you might get a bee in the eye or something

I always seem to forget my puncture repair kit at races
  • Elastic laces
    Talcum powder
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    A genial sense of humour
    the ability to not take yourself to seriously(unless you happen to be T....r.g)

various spares,just incase,inner tubes,laces,spare goggles,money,race nutrition,fluid,Towel(BUT DEFINATELY NOT A TOWEL TO PUT IN TRANSITION AS IT WILL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A TOURIST HAVING A PICNIC BY THE ROADSIDE),
  • Hi all, I'm new to triathlons too and and also would like to know what sort of kit would be worthwhile to purchase. I have been cycling and racing for a number of years butnow fancy triathlons. can I get away with a race suit to do all three events or do I need to get myself a wetsuit as well?
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    (BUT DEFINATELY NOT A TOWEL TO PUT IN TRANSITION AS IT WILL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A TOURIST HAVING A PICNIC BY THE ROADSIDE),
  • bobby18bobby18 Posts: 15
    I take it a towel in transition is not cool and is a big no no then!
  • bobby18bobby18 Posts: 15
    jamiewalker wrote:
    Hi all, I'm new to triathlons too and and also would like to know what sort of kit would be worthwhile to purchase. I have been cycling and racing for a number of years butnow fancy triathlons. can I get away with a race suit to do all three events or do I need to get myself a wetsuit as well?
    Hi Jamie, from what I have read it seems that for most UK open water events a wetsuit is compulsory!

Bobby
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    bobby18 wrote:
    I take it a towel in transition is not cool and is a big no no then!
    a small towel is not a problem,particularly if you are putting on socks and a t shirt and need to dry off,but as you will see,some take liberties and use the towel to take up more than their allocated space in transition.
    Purely a matter of choice through experience,I don't,you get out of the water wet,I don't wear socks unless it is a long course tri,you sweat,stay wet so what is the purpose to dry off other than to waste time.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    ..and a towel.