Home Chat General Chat

ribble bikes......any good??

As above.

Are ribble bikes any good?

You seem to get quite a lot for your money and any of the magazine reviews I've seen seem to be pretty good.

My next question is, is the 140 quid it costs to upgrade from tiagra to105 worth the money?

I realise conehead will be along soon to tell me to buy some 8 grand effort with dura ace buy sadly, that's not going happen.

Cheers.

Comments

• QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    big4ndy wrote:
    As above.

Are ribble bikes any good?

You seem to get quite a lot for your money and any of the magazine reviews I've seen seem to be pretty good.

My next question is, is the 140 quid it costs to upgrade from tiagra to105 worth the money?

I realise conehead will be along soon to tell me to buy some 8 grand effort with dura ace buy sadly, that's not going happen.

Cheers.
    Buy an £8k effort with Dura ac....oh wait........

If you like the bike then I say go for it - with the 105 if you can afford it. You may not notice the difference but others will.
    I'm no expert triathlete but years of playground bullying surely has taught us to do everything we can to be popular.
    Finally make sure you buy the one that most matches your tri suit and/or trainers.
  • OranjOranj Posts: 45
    is the 140 quid it costs to upgrade from tiagra to105 worth the money?
    Yes. Tiagra (and Sora) groupsets are only worth putting on your pub bike (IMHO, obv.)
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    [quote]Yes. Tiagra (and Sora) groupsets are only worth putting on your pub bike (IMHO, obv.)[/quote

don't quite agree with that. The shimano trickle down technology means that the tiagra is an ok groupset. There are some good element to the tiagra.

What I would say is to watch with the 105. I have had the left shifter prob that most had with the 105/ultegra. Shimano made the left shifter fit both doubles and triples and made an arse of it. Also with the Tiagra, your going to end up taking the groupset off and putting better components on it.... trust me. Therefore save a bit more and get the 105 or if you can at the least Ultegra
    Conehead wrote:
    You can get a good price for a kidney in Mexico. Get over there and any bike can be yours. Simple.

Just buy my now surplus TT bike.
    Are you still tripping over that thing?
    Leave out the back of your house and let the Gyppos take it.....thats how i got rid of an old fridge.
    :roll:
  • I purchased the Gran Fondo last year with ultegra, the bike is quite a decent ride ( But ) the build quality is not that good with the frame, which came with a nice faint scratch, it just was not worth sending back as it took 3 mths to get it delivered, and only yesterday the rear triangle has got a slight crack in it, which now means i have to go through all the hassle of sorting it out with Ribble, so bye bye bike for prob 3/6 mths. the bar tape is cheap shite that wont see out a month, headset was loose when it came cables and rear mech were not set up right, remember this frame may say made in Italy but it aint, thats just a sticker
    This year i went for the Focus Cayo in carbon totally great bike fitted with 105 no difference really in shifting still nice and smooth, delivery was rapid and setting the bike up for my riding style was a breeze, where the Fondo is still not quite feeling right, plus the Fondo only take's a 23c tyre so should you want a bit more comfort offered by a 25c tyre you have no chance.

Planet X i wont even start with that. hope this helps
    gixxerboss wrote:
    <snip>
    Planet X i wont even start with that. hope this helps
    :roll:
    Just out of curiosity why? PM if you dont want to air it or crash the thread.