Home Chat General Chat

two piece vs one piece

Pros and Cons?

Comments

• 2 pieces make you look like a raving knob and very gay.

Nuff said
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    I got a one-piece for above reasons, but when running the marathon bit I did think that a two piece would have advantages if I got to the point of needing a crap.
  • 2 pieces make you look like a raving knob and very gay.
    But how 'bout if you're a ladyee?

I WAS thinking of getting one as I get sooo hot (Ahem! Ladyee of a 'certain age' speaking!)

But not if it will make me look like a raving knob.... :roll:
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    One piece - Pro's
    one piece hides everything...sort of...
    you dont have to worry about the bottoms coming down and being uncomfortable on the bike

One peice - Con's
    Slower if you need a poo
    You just end up pissing yourself on the go cos you cant be bothered to take them down you then spend the rest of the race stinking of piss, but if it means you win then its worth it:)

Two Piece - Pro's
    More ventilation, less chance of over heating
    If you have the body to pull it off you look good for the ladies:)

Two Piece - Con's
    You do look like the only gay in the village
    Shorts can bunch up under your arse on the bike...
    you do look like the only gay in the village.....
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    hussler. wrote:
    you do look like the only gay in the village.....
    or someone who got lost on the way to the stag party
  • Lol @ hussler
  • mickwoodmickwood Posts: 93
    willieverfinish wrote:
    2 pieces make you look like a raving knob and very gay.

Nuff said
    PMSL!!!!
  • So are you all saying that a one piece makes you look macho!!! Surely you could not go to the pub in either outfit.

I went for two piece, not a bra top type thing that's taking it well too far. Advantage is also, I can use the shorts to cycle to work etc.
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    I find on anything longer than Olympic, especially while in an aero tuck, that shorts (i.e. two piece) really cut into my stomach and make me feel uncomfortable. I don't get that problem with a one piece, so it's one piece for me everytime.
  • andissandiss Posts: 82
    Reason for asking is that club gear might come out only as 2 piece.....so thinking if im gay enough, i do get warm very easily.......
  • may be time to join another club,
    one where julian clary isnt a member.
  • And Soho....

And Vauxhall.......

And Brighton......

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Bit late here but 1 piece all the way.
    Who cares what you wear just getting out there and doing it is what counts. Well looking not so odd might be cooler!

The whole 2 piece thing is wierd, the tops are never long enough!!! Whats that all about?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    One piece for short course pool swims.
    Two piece for long course.

Reasons are simply for convieniance.Pretty much certain that I will have to relieve myself at sometime in the seventeen hours,given the gallons of fluid I take in.

Two piece tops just look too short due to torso size.Big torso equals large gap but provides ventilation.

As for looking Gay.FFS,you are all running around in Gender Enhancing Lycra.With some making it look like two hippos having a fight in a bin bag as they run down the road.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    jon.E wrote:
    One piece for short course pool swims.
    Two piece for long course.

Reasons are simply for convieniance.Pretty much certain that I will have to relieve myself at sometime in the seventeen hours,given the gallons of fluid I take in.

Two piece tops just look too short due to torso size.Big torso equals large gap but provides ventilation.

As for looking Gay.FFS,you are all running around in Gender Enhancing Lycra.With some making it look like two hippos having a fight in a bin bag as they run down the road.

Thats a very good point made!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    1 piece as a default.

2 piece if you think you'll be touching cloth or needing a pee at any point mid-race. Or if you want to use the shorts separately and can't justify the expense of another bit of kit.

If you are remotely concerned about looking like a knob then you really need to find another hobby.
  • But I look like a knob even when I'm not in lycra so there is no hope for me
  • boodogboodog Posts: 18
    Firstly whats wrong with being gay? And secondly to correct an earlier post a Mankini is essentially a revealing one piece tri suit. However I wouldn't recommend racing in one as padding on the thong is non existent and applying too much chamois cream whilst wearing the garment looks a bit wrong.
  • ok - I shall rephrase in case I have offended ( not my intention at all) - the PC brigade will get upset.

You'll look bloody camp in a two piece.

There, that better ?
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    two piece...can split these and get more use with the tri shorts in the pre race training....

as to looking like the only camp in the village..couldn't bloody care...what with the stumbling run, massive red face, toungue hanging out and mad staring eyes by the end of the race, not sure people can actually bare to watch
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    One-piece or two-piece, makes no difference, just make sure it's black. That way when it's wet, not everything is one show, and when you've pissed/shit yourself, noone will know, unless they are too close to you.
  • SuttsSutts Posts: 10
    Seems everyone has experienced that same moment.......legs shaved - check, body covered in lube - check, crop top - WTF am i doing!!!

So has anyone found a top/brand that extends past the belly button?
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Not that I've seen

I think the rationale is a. to provide ventilation as you go at it 110% (i.e. you are an elite) and b. if you want a 2piece its because you have a washboard tummy (i.e. an elite - is there anyone out there apart from me who remembers wash boards?) and don't mind/welcome showing off said wb tummy.

If on the other hand as jon.e says you would look like 2 hippos having a fight in a bin bag, which is probably most of us, then a crop top is not the way to go as a 1piece holds everything in better and the waist band doesn't dig in.
  • makes u look gay ?? mate i'm gay i've won triathlons , australian state swim championships and could kick your ass from here to brisbane and back .. would u say something 'makes u look like a nigger' or a paki ? no, but just coz u can get away with being gratuitously insulting you say 'makes u look gay' .. mate u better hope u dont bump into me in a competition coz i will take pleasure in showing u what a loser you are .
  • bobby18bobby18 Posts: 15
    triathleteuk wrote:
    makes u look gay ?? mate i'm gay i've won triathlons , australian state swim championships and could kick your ass from here to brisbane and back .. would u say something 'makes u look like a nigger' or a paki ? no, but just coz u can get away with being gratuitously insulting you say 'makes u look gay' .. mate u better hope u dont bump into me in a competition coz i will take pleasure in showing u what a loser you are .

You forgot to mention whether you prefer one piece or two piece tri suits!
  • Whilst not wishing to get my a*se kicked, Bobby18 you've just made me spit my tea out.
  • triathleteuk - Get a life you saddo and stop playing the victim card. Most heterosexual people don't want to look gay ok ? I also would not want to look like a black person or as you so succunctly put it "a n***er". We are all grown ups on here. If you think your sexuality rules you out of having the p**s taken out of you then you are on the wrong forum mate.
  • *succinctly
  • By the way I know you are Australian but you can read and write English can't you ? "You" is spelt Y-O-U and WTF does "coz" mean ? Muppet.
  • I went for a two piece.

I dont train in a full tri-suit that much so the option of just wearing the shorts is ideal