Home Chat General Chat

tips on strengthening neck for bing in "aero"

having had a rather excellent pro bike fit with Mike at bike dynamics in Leamington I have my bike fitted up perfectly for me but however much he moved the handle bars and seat around it is still hard getting my neck back enough for my aero helmet. Having heard this is fairly normal when you first move to TT bikes and go aero is there any tips on work I can do in the gym to help get better neck strength and flexibility? Or is it a case of man up and just get used to it!?

Comments

• wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    OPtion 2 is correct!

Forget the time spent in the gym and spend it ou your bike in the aero position. It's the only way to get used to it, or alternatively do your usual gym session while looking at the ceiling
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    If you have turbo then use the TT and spend intially 5mins in the TT position, 2-3mins out, 10mins in, 4-5mins out, 15mins in and so forth.

The neck muscles just need to get used to the position that your forcing them to be in. Its normal.
  • Morg007Morg007 Posts: 54
    shadowone1 wrote:
    If you have turbo then use the TT and spend intially 5mins in the TT position, 2-3mins out, 10mins in, 4-5mins out, 15mins in and so forth.

The neck muscles just need to get used to the position that your forcing them to be in. Its normal.
    cheers, I tried this yesterday. Think its going to help alot.

and conehead - after just getting a new one, don't think the mrs would be too impressed especially with our wedding this year! haha
  • That depends: are you female?