Home Chat General Chat

DALKIIA F1 ZERO

has anyone got one of or had one of these bikes/frames???
they seem to get very good reviews and at a reasonable price. But, can't find anywhere to actually buy them from now? Have they been taken over by HED??
Can get on one site for them but doesnt look like its been updated for a while!!!!!

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    As you say good reviews, http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... o-tt-28277 there is a chap who races one in our neck of the woods and is pleased with it when chatting with him (he also beats me but then he is younger and wait till he comes up against my Shakti (Cervelo P2C))

It also stands out from the crowd as well.
  • Same fram as the old halfrauds TT bike.

Not for me
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Shorter Rochford in North London used to sell them but I haven't been in there for over a year so no idea if they do now.

I haven't a clue how they ride, just saw them in the shop once!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Same frame as the Halfords really,REALLY.

When the started selling the frames cheap in 2009,a number of the local TTers bought them,one evening at a local tt 4 riders turned up riding them,one sixth of the field rode Dalkiias,these were experienced riders.

Perhaps you are asking on the wrong forum,suggest a visit to the timetrialling forum and you may get a better answer.
    the frame itself is slightly heavier than say one of the Cervelos that everyone else rides,by about 300grams.But that is not much.
    A large number of triathletes will purchase the most aerodynamic frame and then attach bottle cages,pumps,bento boxes,co2 cannisters,negating most of the point of an aero frame.Go to a local TT and see what crap they have attached,very little.

The proof in the pudding as they say will be if they are still riding the bikes two seasons later.
    As for being the same frame as another,maybe,is the geometry the same,it may be,but is the carbon the same quality????Moulds etc are passed on similar to cars etc.

Probably not the answer you are looking for,but you couls always look at Kinetic-one.