Home Chat General Chat

What have you called your bike

I have just received my new bike and am searching for a name.
Have you named your bike?

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    OH YES!
    Mines a black and silver viking called Flossie!

You need to work if your steed is a boy or girl before nameing! It might take a couple of rides before it comes to you!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    ????? Shakti from Sanskrit - sacred force or empowerment, the primordial cosmic energy and represents the dynamic forces that moves through the entire universe. It is feminine sometimes referred to as 'The Great Divine Mother' in Hinduism

[attachment=0:2erd27mq]Shakti.jpg[/attachment:2erd27mq]
  • Sergeant Majorie, she started off life as a corporal but got promoted.
  • Zacnici - has that been set up for you.

You look awfuly "sat up" and your back isn't flat.

Nice ride though
  • big4ndybig4ndy Posts: 24
    Frankenstein!

I bought it 2nd hand. The guy before me had taken the drop bars off and replaced it with flat bars so I'm now in the process of turning it back.

It has new bits, old bits, borrowed bits, donated bits. You name it.

Getting there though!
  • Gavin the Giant and Tabitha the Twitchy Trek bike!
  • 101SUSY101SUSY Posts: 53
    battlebike (ancient, massive, heavy mountain bike with slick tyres on), and wee bike (which is actually slightly bigger than battlebike, but there you are)
    Willeverfinish - when the pic was taken I had only just navigated a bend on an incline and was just in the process of 'settling'.

I do however have some limitations from a bad back and have started back on Pilates after a years absence (long story) and hope to increase my flexibility so watch this space.

And yes I am very pleased with Shakti, she greatly exceeds my abilities; she is light, soaks up the bumps, accelerates nicely and is very stable.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Janey. She came ready named but it suits her. I love her an awful lot....
  • My new exocet is called the Black Prince. It is a a very fitting name and like Bex I love it more than I love myself!!

My training bike is called Barry, as its a Boardman obviously..
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    lets be clear.... the most dominant force in triathlon is Battlecat.

that was until the Interceptor was born..... There are no pics of the interceptor avail at the mom as its currently underwrap wondering which weapons to deploy at Abu Dhabi in its first competitive debut.....

Some pics were posted but that was the old version... she's getting enhanced!

So the Lightspeed 1.0 and the Interceptor..... here we come!!!
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    She calls it "that f'ing thing"...as in "whats that f'ing thing doing in the back bedroom?"

I reply......"...replacing you...."

My bikes have no names as they are mechanical soul less things which if i am to succeed I must also become.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    She calls it "that f'ing thing"...as in "whats that f'ing thing doing in the back bedroom?"

Quitter - you don't name the bike.... it names itself.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Mine are called "tribike" and "roadbike". Unfortunately we dont spend enough time together to have a relationship, and if we did, it wouldnt be a happy one. I can only imagine how unhappy the poor things would be when they get to feel the extra kgs i have in store for them to lug around this season.
  • Mine is called Mjollnir, from Norse mythology. It's the hammer of thor, capable of levelling mountains. Unfortunately there are very few mountains in Norfolk so she's certainly living up to her name.
  • dee999dee999 Posts: 41
    bianchi road bike is called......eh........"bianchi!" and quintana roo tri bike is called......."roo!"....how original eh?
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Iv'e called mine every name under the sun.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Er, my bike is called "my bike".

Maybe this is where I have been going wrong!
  • Hi there!
    My Bike is called Stan!.......Because he is the man!
    Nice and punchy