Home Chat General Chat

How di I get a BTF race licence?

I have been on the BTF website but I cant find anywhere to apply for a race licence.
Can anybody help?

Comments

• Just join the BTF I think
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Decide which of the home nations you want to be in,England,Scotland Wales N.I.
    Fill in membership on line,pay large amounts of hard earned cash and 7 to 14 days later you should get a race booklet and a membership card.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Alternatively pay £5 for a day licence at each event.
  • fb123fb123 Posts: 2
    Adupuy,

Joining the btf is so much more than a five pound licence fee.

Unfortunately I was hit by a car last Year and suffered bad injuries and a smashed bike.

The btf looked after me getting me legal advice and secured me a large componsation package and made sure I have had the best medical care. this was all covered as I was training for an event.

If you are a serial racer like I am, 8 races and it hasn't cost you anything...
  • The race license means thatyou are insured whilst racing.
    You can join the BTF for your home country at a fairly reasonable £25-30 for a year. This means that each of the races you enter will be £5 cheaper than for non-members and that you are automatically covered by the BTF insurance for the race.
    If you don't join the BTF then races will be will have a £5 license charge built in, this covers the cost of your race license and is all part and parcel of the cost of the race entry and is set up/obtained by the race organiser on your behalf. On registration at the venue you'll be given your start package with numbers, chip and free stuff (woot!) there'll also be inthere a printed slip confirming that you've paid for the race license.
    I'd joint he BTf if you plan to race a lot during the year as £5 a go will add up quick.
  • fb123fb123 Posts: 2
    [quote="ARobinett"]The race license means thatyou are insured whilst racing.
    You can join the BTF for your home country at a fairly reasonable £25-30 for a year. This means that each of the races you enter will be £5 cheaper than for non-members and that you are automatically covered by the BTF insurance for the race.

Just to clear up, you are also covered for training...

I was cycling to my local pool when hit and btf covered me..

Top marks for btf and great value for money..
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    To be a pedant a race licence is what you buy on the day although I believe BTF refers to it as day membership, BTF membership means that along with all the other benefits you do not have to get the day licence/membership. Membership costs £51, £40 if you are a Tri club member.

If you are only doing a couple of races day licences/membership may suit but BTF membership has lots of advantages.