Home Chat General Chat

FAO 220 management

Chaps

The forum is obviously a great place to start looking at all things tri - a good place to ask questions that will be answered but....

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SORT OUT THE HUGE AMOUNT OF SPAM THAT THIS FORUM ATTRACTS. IT REALLY ISN'T THE CASE THAT SOME OF US SHOULD BE GIVEN MODERATOR RIGHTS.

I KNOW SHADDOW WAS GIVEN ACCESS TO BAN SPAM POSTINGS BUT SURELY YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO "CLEAN THINGS UP".

It looks messy, and is very difficult to keep track of your own replies to various comments.

It's very poor.

Any comments or am I expecting too much for you to read your own forum ?

Cheers

Ben

Comments

• Ben

Yes we are regular readers of the forum and share your frustration with the spam.

We added a new image capture (designed to prevent automated entries) to the registration form on Wednesday and have noticed a decrease in spam since then.

The other option was to add an image capture every time a user wanted to create a post or reply, but we felt that this would punish the regular and genuine users of the forum.

Your thoughts on this are appreciated and more feedback on the issue/choices above is welcome.

Thanks again to Shadowone for the sterling work also.

Yours in Sport, The 220 Team
  • I tend to find there's more spam in the comments section on articles on the main site itself.

e.g.

http://www.220triathlon.com/gear-review ... -race-pack

Matt.
  • Blimey

Thanks for the prompt reply and your efforts to reduce the Spammers on the forum. Fingers crossed it works.

Thanks again