Home Chat Race Chat

2011 Extremadura ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships

OK, I need some advice and I was hoping one of you clever, clever people could help

I've qualified for the above event (35-39 age group) through the BTF and to be honest it's my first thing of this kind - I entered on a whim more than anything, never really imaging my times/placings from the past year were good enough.

The BTF are sending all the relevant details and I'm obviously comfortable with the distances. However, has anyone got any advice - I've never raced abroad or at the level so what are the obvious pitfalls I should know about?

ANY advice is more than welcome.

Mike

Comments

• HarryDHarryD Posts: 425
    Expect temperatures to be around 20C and dry (only 48mm rain/moth in that part of Spain)

The official website reveals quite a lot:
    1 Swim likely to be wetsuit.
    2 Bike is on decent tracks & not too technical. In that area the predominant rack is granite which breaks down into a good gravel ideal for bikeable tracks. You may wish to take fire-road tyres as well as knobblies and decide when you get there as they can be faster - done a fair amount of riding on such trails out there & they were ideal. Ride should be dry.
    3 Run undulating on dry paths & tracks - shoe type may not be critical. Suggest choice will be what you are happy running trails in back home.

Keep hydrated but don't over drink.

Have a great time and take some time to explore the area - it is little visited but worth doing

HarryD