Home Chat General Chat

The interceptor

I have been injured for the past while and its got to the stage where my bike position had to be totally overhauled. the new position allows me to pedal pain free for the first time in yonks... if this was a roadie then it would not be so much of a prob....but the TT means I need to be dialled in at the right position.

Its got to the stage that i might not make the start line at Abu Dhabi... i am now more hopeful with the new position on the bike. i spent the best part of 3 hours reviewing what was comfortable and what wasn't, to the point that at the end I was nailing the turbo in the shop on the biggest chain ring at over 100rpm... I felt like I was back/

I have a speed concept... 7 series but she is special... and this weekend she was overhauled andThe Interceptor was born.......

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Now aint that a sweet looking stead!!! Good name as well. Kinda puts a hard edge on a stealth machine!
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    As aero positions go thats does look very relaxed - seat and bars seem almost level.

I think the bikes needs something sparkly on it to break up all the dark.....spokey dokeys?
  • Nice wheels!

Did I read somewhere that the box over the rear wheel is illegal for increased aerodynamic performance?
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    @ quitter - yes its very relaxed as I am in the middle of trying to get over knee and back issues. My position was overhauled and reduced to something more comfortable that will allow me to be able to turn the pedals. I had been struggling to even move my left knee due to various things and my position was changed to help me out.

@Trisurfer - the rear box is illegal under UCI rules as it does provide for an aero advantage.Got to wonder tho then why are aero helmets permitted. Under tri rules its all good.
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    Is it because not everyone can have an aero upgrade box on the back of their bike, but everyone has the chance to buy a pointy helmet?
    I'm sure the rules are not that specific on that... I'm sure it says something that you are not permitted to use items that provide an eero advantage or something along those lines... The box is a brilliant place for tools tho
  • ...Or sandwiches!
  • Have you had any issues with the draft box? Some people i spoke to about it said it has a tendency to drop and rub on the back tyre with any significant weight in it - pivoting around the very low attachment point.
  • Have you had any issues with the draft box? Some people i spoke to about it said it has a tendency to drop and rub on the back tyre with any significant weight in it - pivoting around the very low attachment point.
    Yes - it doesn't hold enough sandwiches
    Nope... draft box is nice and secure. Has been holding my tools and its never moved
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    fire tri wrote:
    Is it because not everyone can have an aero upgrade box on the back of their bike, but everyone has the chance to buy a pointy helmet?
    But where do you draw the line for aero back box or fuly faired in back wheel?

I wonder what factories would come up with if it was open book rules....most rules are there for safety tri bars extending beyond brake levers, unstable riding positions....rather then cancelling out any expected advantage?