Home Chat General Chat

New trainers?

I currently run in asics 1130. I was thinking of changing my trainers and wondered if there are any trainer 'experts' on the forums who could recommend any others thAt would perform similar?? Are brooks any good??

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I am an ASICS fan but for speed work/competing I use Saucony Fatwicth 4's for running and ASICS Noosas for Tri. I believe the Fastwitch 5's offer a bit more support as the 4's are very light and may not suit everyone.
  • Use a combination of Brooks ST4's for anything up to 10km and then Newtons from then on

Cant help Im afraid
  • ARobinettARobinett Posts: 35
    Always always go to a decent running/sports shop and try on as many pairs as you need to. Everyone's feet are different and every pair of shoes is different- you'll find your perfect pair cinderalla style.
  • Race1Race1 Posts: 58
    ARobinett wrote:
    Always always go to a decent running/sports shop and try on as many pairs as you need to. Everyone's feet are different and every pair of shoes is different- you'll find your perfect pair cinderalla style.

Not all "decent" running shops are equal though. I was told, as a complete novice, by "a well known chain" in London that I needed 1/2 a size bigger and that I pronate. (Saucony Omni Grids were prescribed) Started getting knee pain on distances of 5-6k+

A year later and another "well known individual shop" in London said I needed the normal size (not 0.5 bigger) and that I'm neutral now. (chose Saucony Ride 3's)

So I'm buggered if I know what I should be getting these days. Can running style change as you go from complete novice who can't run 2K barely to 1/2 Marathon and beyond?
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Yes running styles can change as you get fitter from a novice to a not so novice.

But a change to how you strike the ground is diffiuclt to change. Unless you have newtons of course.
    Body position due to strngth and glexibility will ater some parts of the style. Not to much though.
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    I've been running in newtons for 2 years now. Bought into them after a knee op and they've helped reduce knee pain to zero! Spent the first 2 months with tight sore calves! but well worth it.

Just reinvested in the trail version, there okay for semi off-road but better than the road going versions if you like a bit of rough!

there's my 10 pence worth