Home Chat General Chat

First Trisuit

So i have decided to do a triathlon, I have chosen a sprint one to start with and was wondering if a trisuit is a good idea.

I been looking at the More Mile Trisuit which is around £30, can't really afford to spend much more than this at the moment.

Anyone had one of these or know of a good alternative around the same price?

Comments

• I havent used that make so cant comment, if you go to Royles store online, they have some heavily discounted stuff, from previous seasons, all new of course, and there are several suits there from what I would call reputable names that fit your budget.

I spent a bit on mine, as you will soon enter more and more races, and an uncomfortable suit or one that may not be as padded, fitted, suited to you will soon become a burden. The Trisuit, wetsuit and bike carry the same motto to me- You get what you pay for!

Good luck dude
  • AvoneerAvoneer Posts: 174
    I posted a bit about more mile here - wins my vote for the money.

clothing-for-a-duathlon-t50088.html

Pat...
  • wburnishwburnish Posts: 41
    Thanks to Pat I have just bought the More Mile on and it is perfect.

I dont have anything to compare against but it fits nice a snug, well made. easy to get on and felt a lot comfier than my usual cheap unpadded cycle shorts and tshirt. I would recommend for a first time/ training,

Only downside as my wife put it to said this to me this morning, "it does show off your middle age spread."

Hope it helps
    Will
  • Thanks for the help guys, think I've spotted an ORCA suit on Royles I'm going to order on pay day if it's still in stock and if not then I'll be getting a More Mile suit for sure.

One more question on sizing. After looking at the size charts I fall right on the boundary of medium and large, which one am I better of getting. I'm hope to loose a more weight as a result of training so was thinking the medium is the safer choice?
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Try before you buy!
    If you can try one on first you will have a better idea! I normally wear small - medium t shirts and stuff but have a large trisuit!
    They can come up a touch small! Never had an Orca though!
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    christian88 wrote:
    Thanks for the help guys, think I've spotted an ORCA suit on Royles I'm going to order on pay day if it's still in stock and if not then I'll be getting a More Mile suit
    I seem to recall a wave of complaints about Orca trisuits 12 months or so ago-short life span I think. I'd hope they've resolved it buy now but if it's last year's model going cheap...
  • AvoneerAvoneer Posts: 174
    I got an Orca wetsuit - needed 2 sizes up from what the chart said!

Let us know how you get on with the trisuit.

Pat...
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I have only ever hear good things about the club suit Mr Conehead mentioned! 2 colours I believe!
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Conehead wrote:
    go naked.

cant possibly be any faster than butt naked - just make sure you tape your tackle out of the way (so you look like you have a mangina) so everything remains aero in the pool.

I did this for my first race - and once I'm out of prison I'll be doing it again.
    One way to avoid the most disturbing in lycra award

I got an Orca suit in my first season, still going strong now, although it is getting a bit baggy as I change shape a bit. 2XU was too baggy around the mid thigh. Worth trying one on first. Champion systems make good ones, they feel very fast in the water, planning on using mine as a poor man's speedsuit if IMDE is non wetsuit this year. You can even get one with a lovely Hawaiian flower print, and faux carbon fibre leg panels
  • Silverback wrote:
    I seem to recall a wave of complaints about Orca trisuits 12 months or so ago-short life span i think
    Anyone else know anything about this?
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    http://www.220triathlon.com/forum/specific-tri-shorts-or-cycling-ones-t49018.html?hilit=trisuits
    Hi Christian88

Had a quick trawl thru the old posts and this link jumped out. It appears that C(arb)onehead is at least consistent in his posts...
  • Just received my new Orca suit. Look really good n fits perfect, especially for a guessed size.

I'll try hand washing it as the label says n hopefully the branding won't peel off

Cheers for all the advice, cant wait to wear it for a cycle n run session