Home Chat General Chat

Swim Timming

I've just done my first fully time swimmed in the pool after a winter of hard work. Just wondering if 25 mins for 1.2 km is a good time or should i be aimming high then this. The past few years i have been doing sprints and hopeing to move to longer distance this session.

Thanks for reading !!!

Comments

• I'd aim for 25mins for 1500m.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    1.2 K is 1900 metres so thats a good enough time to be middle of the pack! It all depends on if you can go any quicker and if you can will you be knackered for the bike. Its all about balance sometimes!
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    Blinkybaz wrote:
    1.2 K is 1900 metres...
    Is it just me?

• WTF !!!

Er I was under the impression 1900m was 1.9km.

Now I've been up all night with my son, I'm tired, run down and have a banging headache but really.............. :roll:

BlinkyB - that would put him near 50 mins for 3.8km !!!! That's FAST - very fast
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I was working miles into metres!
    Slight pause...........................................That was me getting my coat!

Bang! Thats the door shutting and the sound of me flogging myself in embrassemnet!
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    Ready reckoner for the hard of thinking
    assume 25m pool
    30 secs a length-30 mins for 1500m
    29 secs a length-29 mins for 1500m
    28 secs a length-28 mins for 1500m

etc

I've heard it said 1m per sec per stroke is a great target (that'd be 25secs per length)

Personally I'm chuffed to have reached 30secs a length
  • ARobinettARobinett Posts: 35
    I'd say 25 minutes for a 1500m swim in the pool was pretty good going!
    I like the theory of 1 second per stroke- if only it was true then I would be able to swim a 25m length in 14 seconds due to having arms like an orangutang.
  • Dave83Dave83 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help i swim in a 50 min so when i am doing some of my faster sets i aim for a 2 min for ever hundered meters.

Thanks again !!!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Conehead's time of the month again!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Blinkybaz wrote:
    1.2 K is 1900 metres
    Cock.

1.2k in 25min is a fine start. You're sub-30 for 1500, assuming you can do some practice swimming while being punched in the back of your head by the guy next to you, having some breast-stroking twunt cave your face in with a kick and having your goggles ripped off when you find yourself shoved to the bottom at a turn.

It's all good.