Home Chat General Chat

Sacred Cow

I don't want to appear that I'm slagging an easy target and I'm sure that the BTF membership is value for money.

But does anyone's heart leap when trinews lands on the door mat?

It says £3.50 on the cover. God forbid anyone actually buys this dirge.

Does it come out 4 times a year? If so that's £14 worth of mag I don't want and would rather a reduction in the membership fee.

Or am I just really negative after a grotty week?

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    damn, i thought for a minute this thread was going to be about steak (i've only had one supper today so i'm hungry). not even heard of trinews - hoe does it compare to this work of art?
  • ARobinettARobinett Posts: 35
    Trinews is an incredibly boring publication and one of the most ugly pieces of graphic design it has been my misfortune to lay my poor aesthete's eyes on.
    But the BTF provide so much more in terms of insurance, reduction in race fees and other support services that it makes it worth the money per year. Use the mag as padding for your trainers when they dry?
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    ris wrote:
    damn, i thought for a minute this thread was going to be about steak (i've only had one supper today so i'm hungry). not even heard of trinews - hoe does it compare to this work of art?
    Are you a hobbit ris (second supper?)!!

Your link has provided access to a truely mighty organ-fear my eyes may be rendered useless by exposure it's literary content. How does one gain regualr access to such intelligent musings?
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Yes the BCTT mag is very good (the type that I would write - I am famed at work for my missives, think Urine Free Wetsuit and you get the idea).

I suppose there is a feeling that a mag needs to be put out but in these days when vitually everypne has email I would have thought it would be easy enough to send it out en masse over the interweb even if its just a link rather than post it and end up in the recycle bin.
  • BCTTT

Yep, come and have a look at what we do on our forum - we have a tri club, our own sponsored kit, free giveaways etc etc. The real deal.

http://forum.bcttt.com/

The club magazine is frankly amazing - Ris is in charge of that and does a superb job putting other mags to shame.

We are a friendly bunch so come accross - register and say Hi

******PS - we guarantee no Spam******
    ( we look after our forum)
    Wiilieverfinish - joined
    In my first post in the 'other' forum I have made the apparantly obligatory insult to CH - it wasn't a good one as I just spotted the FAQ as I was about to submit and under pressure.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    Silverback wrote:

Are you a hobbit ris (second supper?)!!

Your link has provided access to a truely mighty organ-fear my eyes may be rendered useless by exposure it's literary content. How does one gain regualr access to such intelligent musings?
    wife says pretty much the same thing, and despairs at my ability to graze the cupboards and fridge to emptiness.

bcttt mag is available to everyone, but club members get it an edition early (the one i linked to was the most current 'public' issue). it is published roughly every 3month-ish, and is produced by the membership with extra bits filled in by me. i'll take any content i can get my paws on, so start writing, zacnici!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    The BTF mag is utter utter dullness. If it were the only information available about triathlon there would be approximately eight participants in the UK.