Home Chat General Chat

Litter

On the weekend I did a duathlon and whilst following someone on the bike course I spotted something. The person had a gel and and dropped the rubish in the street. So it got me thinking does this person do this normally? Surely we are all a bit resposible to keep the streets a bit tidy. Does this give our sport a bad name?

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    pretty sure most race rules have littering as a dq offence. after using a gel i usually roll it up best i can and then tuck it into the leg of my shorts or up by the shoulder.
  • you talking about oulton park, if so that must of been me, serious a useless post
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    I hate littering, It gives the event a bad name.

I did UKIM 2010 and it was a really big thing, it was definitely a DQ if you were seen, and people were. Imagine how gutting it would be - to complete the IM and then get DQ'd for dropping ur gels.

I hate it, but DQ does seem slightly harsh.....ah what about make them go around the course after the race and litter pick!
  • you talking about oulton park, if so that must of been me, serious a useless post
    No was not there it was the Mumbles duathlon, just to make sure you read this ok. You think it's fine to leave your crap all over the floor for other people to clear up!!! Do you just throw your coffee cup on the floor, probably not. So why do people find it ok to chuck their rubish on the floor just because you're riding a bike.

When I leave an event I want the local population of the event to say, that was really nice to have them here. I don't want them to to say not having that here again a load of cocks making my town a mess.

CLEAR YOUR SHIT UP!!!!!!
  • It's just people being selfish and bone idle

DQ every time for me. Losers
  • DQ every time for me. Losers
    Thank you,
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    nicknofinger wrote:
    DQ every time for me. Losers
    Thank you,
    ...and crush their bike....in front of them....then make them tidy the carbon shards up as well.

Yup its a hanging offence alright and chapeau to Will Turbo for outing himself.
  • oh dear
  • pippip Posts: 170
    I've accidentally littered when i've been riding because i've tried to put my rubbish in my back pocket but not quite managed it and i hate litter louts.Good idea to put rubbish up the leg of your shorts.I'll be doing that in future.Thanks for the tip
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Deliberate littering is a heinious crime(for none deliberate littering just walk the first mile of an IM bike route and you can pick up enough kit to open a small tri store).

Last TT I did last year,the rider in front,waiting for the off,swallowed his gel,dropped his wrapper and then proceeded to tip his contents of his bidon over it,then set off,if it accidently falls out of your pocket being one thing,but to drop none bio degradable substances infront of race officials and fellow competitors,instant dq,you would think.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    jon.E wrote:
    Deliberate littering is a heinious crime(for none deliberate littering just walk the first mile of an IM bike route and you can pick up enough kit to open a small tri store).
    I'm going to watch Wimbleball this year, should be able to get enough rear saddle bottle cages to sell on and cover the travel costs.
  • fenixfenix Posts: 3
    will turbo wrote:
    you talking about oulton park, if so that must of been me, serious a useless post
    I so hope you get disqualified if you litter again. Muppet.