Home Chat General Chat

SPAM

Can everyone who reads this please post to try and let 220 that we are sick of the spam?

My user permissions are restricted and I have to select each post on its own and then delete. I've asked for my permissions to be changed so that I can mass delete users etc.

I would lock this but I wanted the voices posted on this topic to let them know.

Cheers

S11

Comments

• largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    Yes, it is a cack situation. And I rarely drop by now because of it.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Absolutely,spam is what has killed the forum banter.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    bump - come on people.
    shadowone1 wrote:
    bump - come on people.
    Think that there is only me,you,MD6 and Zacnici on at the moment.Obviously avoiding work.
    Yup I'm avoiding work... need to keep this to the top..wonder if I can make it sticky?
    Shouldn't be a problem keeping it at the top,quite sure we can all keep bumping it up each time we log on.
    lol....here I go

bump
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I am posting so that Shadow1 can be given the rights of mass deletion. I would have posted sooner but it seems 220 dont seem to care about the forum as much again!!!! If there was a ninja I would put it............There!
  • Go Shadowone 1 were all behind you
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Amen to that - spam is annoying at the best of times but that f####g insect this morning posted under the guise of a tribute to Tim Hetherington who was killed in Libya, the copied and pasted tribute was peppered with links for shitty, knock offs, absolutely beneath contempt

I am a sad bugger and usually log on at breakfast so usually one of the first to report the pond scum who are destroying this forum
  • I was told I had full admin rights to keep this forum spam free but I wasn't given the full access rights.

This forum is dying - rarely does a post get answered - there is little passion here.

I have asked multiple times to be able to mass delete and ban. I don't have hours spare to delete post by post and user by user. It's a royal pain.

Funny how other forums can manage it but the forum of a national publication seems unable too.

Come on 220 . It's your forum. We've got another one
    i'm supposed to be a Global Mod yet don't have the correct rights.... I spent ages not so long mass deleting only come back on the next day and it was back....

COME ON 220 - SORT THIS OUT

This is the forum I found triathlon....
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    rant on - The only entry the 220 bods care about now is the' answer to this months question' so they can get some free page fillers for the mag. Maybe if everyone starts replying in that subject with 'the answer is remove SPAM!' they may get the message...
    I started on here 2-3 years ago and can't usually be bothered to answer/reply/post anymore because of the mess.
    rant off
    wellllllllllllllllllllllllll

my green powers have been extended to full Mod powers.......

This means I can now mass bazooka spammers in no time at all......

It would appear you powers are need again in the top thread!

We need some sort of system to call you. Like batman had with commisioner Gordon
    and like keyser soze - they were gone.....

just unleashed a nuke bomb on Vibramfivefingers.....
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    This forum is on it's knees...
    lets bring it back then....
    Flavadave wrote:
    This forum is on it's knees...

As it should be when BCTTT is god all things forumie!
    bcttt is a club forum tho and a good club at that..

shouldn't stop this one tho....
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Swimming against the tide Shadowone, but you are getting there. Keep up the good work, much appreciated.