Home Chat General Chat

Infinity Tri Bike

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of these bikes as they seem very reasonable:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Infinity-Tri-Pro- ... 3a5c9152ea

Cheers

EB

Comments

• I am afraid that I have no knowledge of these bikes (or the brand actually) but I did notice that the ad says it has 24 gears, which would seem to indicate that it has a triple with eight at the rear but the picture shows double chain rings. I would not think you would need or want to have a triple on a tri bike as they are not designed to ride in the hills and it would be adding unnecessary weight. The ad is also very vague on details of the groupset etc and has no details of geometry so you are having to guess if the size/position is right for you. The price is low but perhaps you would be better served to look at other lower priced options such as the Carrera tri bike in Halfords which you can at least look at physically in the shop.

Just some observations - good luck whatever you decide to do!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Have to agree with Antonyfromoz - the 2300 groupset is 8 speed coupled with either a 52/39 or 52/42/30. The picture shows a double so it would be a 16 speed or the picture is wrong and has a triple in which case it is a 24 speed.

A triple has no place on a TT/Tri bike. From experience I would advise against a triple on a road bike unless you are constantly going up and down hills as you will rarely if ever use the third ring and just carry extra weight.

Again, geometry; could be 76-78 degree TT/Tri geomtry but more likely a 73 - 74 deg road bike with aero bars fitted. No mention of rear cassette ratios.

IMHO for a decent entry level Tri bike you are looking at the £1k mark without a doubt.
  • EssexBlokeEssexBloke Posts: 62
    Thanks for the advice chaps, much appreciated.
  • robleigh00robleigh00 Posts: 1
    it has a double not treble.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    If it was a double why is described as having 24 gears? I have seen them on Amazon as a double at 16 gears, on ebay as 16 gears (but picture showing a triple), or on other sites as 24sp triples.

If the ad had a bit more info on geometry it might help but I have a feeling that it is 74 deg road frame and for about the same money you could get an 18 or 20 speed road bike - it's the lack of info. Bit more info and we can give a collective informed opinion, without that we are filling in the blanks based on similar offerings
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    It's been removed from e bay
  • I bought one of these bikes when I first started Triathlon and have since upgraded. This bike was fantastic to start on. Great position for me, goes like a rocket! Gears (to answer above question) are definately two on front, 8 on back.