Home Chat General Chat

Q RINGS

Has anyone got the Rotor Q rings on their bikes?
Are they any good?
Reading up on them I now fancy a set

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Q-rings... concepts been around for a while. Shimano first tried but failed and then rotor nailed it.

They are not for everyone and much depends, I think, on your cadence. I'm typically an 85-90rpm spinner and I don't think Q-rings would ideally suit me. I think they suit more a spinner of the pedals. I'm not 100% on this.

Ofcourse, we are all looking for the magic bullet but it generally doesn't exist. Only a few pro's use them so if the concept was so good then most if not all pro's would use them, which they don't

I'm not putting them down, far from it as I've often looked at them but just saying that while they look great and sound great, just be careful that you will get the benefit from them
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Post this on " the other forum" and you'll get a good response

Ginger Si has em on his TT bike and by Christ does he fly up the hills

I've thought about it but never taken the plunge
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I bought a second hand aero Q ring recently - have only raced on it once and a couple of training rides, so too early to tell you much. I also moved from a 52 tooth to a 55, so it's feeling a bit different.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    I have them on my TT bike and my training/commuter bike. Was a little scepticle at first but I like them and have found that they raise my cadence about 5rpm higher than usual and I do feel a tad fresher of the bike since Ive used them.

They may not suit everyone but I like them and will continue to use them.
  • magicmanmagicman Posts: 17
    Yes and I like them, I have no proof they've made me any faster but they sure haven't made me any slower!!
    First impressions were they feel, well, rounder!