Home Chat General Chat

Pain in the ..... shoulder!

Hi all

I keep getting pain in my right shoulder when on the tri bars. Does anybody know what this could be or why it is just in the one shoulder? It tends to start in my neck but then moves to between base of my neck and the edge of my right shoulder blade.
It is actually agony now to do it after about 10miles+. I am going to a bike shop tomorrow to check my setup on the bike as it is relatively new.

Slightly anxious as I am doing IMUK in July and with the pain as it is I will be pushing the bike round!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

AndyG

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Sounds like you need a bike fit? Does the pain go after you get off the tri bars? Have you spoke to a doc?
  • grandyvillegrandyville Posts: 30
    The pain eases off a bit but still hurts. I tried to stretch as I coasted along and rotate my shoulder but it got to the point I couldnt look over my right shoulder - always fun when you need to turn right!

No not been to docs yet as thought they would tell me to swivel
    Have you had a bike fit? It sounds like something is wrong for you! We all need a bike setup differently for longer/short events and as much as we all differ in build shape and bendyness!

If the doc tells you to swivel then just spin on the chair give him.her the bird and get to a proper doc

Is the shoulder better now?
    Hi

Just back from bike fitting so fingers crossed this solves the issue.

We flipped my stem over to raise the bars a bit, brought the tri bars slightly closer to me as the way I like to hold them I was stretching a bit too much, and also moved my seat further forward as I was right on the edge of it.

In the new position I felt a bit better, had a straighter back, and felt like I could put more power down on the pedals. Shoulder still ached a bit but I think that will be due to damage from yesteray!

Fingers crossed!

Andy
    Sounds like you might be fixed. Good news. I reckon a few recovery swim session in a couple of days and your shoulder should be good as new!
    Cheers blinky

Went swimming yesterday and felt ok. Off work Wednesday so going to trail the bike then. Hope its ok as doing notts triathlon on Saturday!

Andy
  • As you utter word pain in shoulders, You might need an office chair that make you comfortable while working in the office. Kindly get one and thanks me later!