Home Chat General Chat

Quintana Roo CD01 Ultegra 2010 or Planet X Exocet

Any advice on which two are the better bike?

I can get them both for about the same price.

I'll be looking for something to do very long distances on.

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I am noit sure about which is best,
    Try asking on the BCTTT forum. All the peeps who used to post here are there (well pretty much all)
    http://forum.bcttt.com/viewforum.php?f=3

It is by far the quickest way to get a varity of answers. and Honesty!!!!
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    They're very similar so really it comes down to the unimportant but also VERY important stuff...
    Which colour scheme do you prefer? (Unwritten tri rule #32: You must co ordinate)
    Do you want to stand out from the crowd? (Unwritten tri rule #56: Never rack your bike alongside a similar <cough> higher spec model).

QR one of the original Tri bikes. PX are local to me and the Exocet is a thing of beauty- no nonsense good value bike IMO.

As always its how you get fitted to the bike that matters. PX have been known to offer Bike Fit deals when you buy from them. Check to see if where you get the QR from will offer a bike fit or other sweetners.

I'll copy and paste this onto the BCTTT forum in a bit as I need to get my post count up on there for anyone to take me seriously Adding smileys as a reply to every post should do it
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.
  • CD01 every time
  • wapwraywapwray Posts: 9
    So why the CD01 - you don't give an explanation?
  • Cos it's not a planet x

I'm am joking before I again get accused as a brand snob.

I think it's for me the sheer looks of the thing. I am not interested in wind tunnel data, drag co- efficients etc. Someone with my meagre ability can't justify worrying about stuff like that.

If it looks good, and you can afford it then go for it.

I like planet x stuff - I have a great wheel set from them but I don't like their bikes. It's a personal thing so don't be put of buying one - they seem very well liked.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    willieverfinish is well regarded as a barometer of taste. So, on that basis, go for the Planet-X.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    QR,the price has dropped over the last couple of years,as no one seemed to buy it,did see a photo of Mr Graves riding one,but not racing it.
    QR has all the tech and the testing behind it ,but as with the others fit is king,but the QR is the rarer of the two so it has that going for it,doubtful you would see another at your local sprint.
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    Jack Hughes wrote:
    willieverfinish is well regarded as a barometer of taste. So, on that basis, go for the Planet-X.
  • I think you will find Mr Hughes you and I have the same bike.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    willieverfinish wrote:
    I think you will find Mr Hughes you and I have the same bike.
    Indeed. My humour works on a huge variety of levels. It was a joke that only you and I could possibly get.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Exocet. Even though if you can get them for the same price the QR has a huge reduction. The Exocet is a classy bit of kit.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I know you have to take the 220 reviews with a pinch of salt, but they were really impressed with the Exocet this month. 92%, a £2K bike that felt like a £4K bike apparently.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Exocet. Even though if you can get them for the same price the QR has a huge reduction. The Exocet is a classy bit of kit.
    Depends on your perspective. Looking at the exocet in 220 this month, to be honest I thought it was pretty ugly. You would buy and then think you would need to change those horrible looking bars.

Its not my cup of tea and if I'm honest in terms of the way the bike looks (and not for value) I'd rather have the QR
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    shadowone1 wrote:
    Depends on your perspective. Looking at the exocet in 220 this month, to be honest I thought it was pretty ugly. You would buy and then think you would need to change those horrible looking bars.

Its not my cup of tea and if I'm honest in terms of the way the bike looks (and not for value) I'd rather have the QR
    The problem with buying a bike based on how it looks is that the look is ruined as soon as I sit on it
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    The problem with buying a bike based on how it looks is that the look is ruined as soon as I sit on it

you've obviously never seen me sitting on my bike....... I just can never do a bike justice