Home Chat General Chat

Help! Polar infra red connection!

Help!

I have a polar HRM which has worked fine hooked up to my PC for about a year. Was using a USB IrDA adapter thing (not specifically polar) and all was well. Alas I smased the adapter a couple of weeks ago and try as I might I can no longer sync my watch up. I remember when I first configured it it took a while to get it to work but can't for the life of me remember what I did - and now nothing seems to sync. Have tried both a USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 thingy although I'm not entirely sure how I should be setting them up (speed, link etc etc). Does anyone have any advice - have tried the manuals and am stumped!

Cheers, Karen

Comments

• RobRob Posts: 209
    Gallantry, I've just got a Polar HRM with the Polar IrDA. I had to load in some drivers first before using it. What IR adapter are you using?
  • GallantryGallantry Posts: 38
    Hi Rob, Humm yes using a USB 2.0 to infrared device which comes in a pack from "Dynamode". However when it loads in it looks like a SigmaTel USB Adapter and have just found the following webpage which looks like any SigmaTel chipset just doesn't work...

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/html/local/faq/faq_irda.html

So that maybe explains that - although how you're supposed to tell the chipset is beyond a non-techie like me ;o) Guess it's back to the store for a proper Polar one then!

Cheers, Karen