Home Chat General Chat

Ironman nutrition

I have tried a powder mix called infinti which is supposed to stop the need for solid food, it hasn't really worked for me so I think I am going to return to the ready mixed drink and gels. I just wanted to know which ready mixed drinks people would recommend, are there any that offer the ability not to have solid food? Thoughts welcome.

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    The fifth discipline of triathlon (transition being the 4th) is one of the most tricky ones.

You should trying stuff out on your long aerobic rides as what works for me won't necessarily work for you. However for me I had been trying a few things and soon worked out that caffiene was giving me huge gastro problems.

In the end I had to go for H5 gels and H5 powder for my drinks. I also switched from nuun to H5 Zero as well as I found that nuun bloats me up completely.

The key is to work out what you need and when. so effectively on the long training rides you should be fine tuning what you need and when you need it. I eventually narrowed it down to a 30mins window per gel and drink strategy but that was to get me through the IM. I'm not doing IM this year but if I was I'd be looking to fine tune the strategy even further to scale back the amount of nutrition I was taking on board.