Home Chat General Chat

calf muscle injury????

Hey guys, thought I'd come on and ask some opinions.
Got this weird feeling in my left calf, on the outside of it.
Its not painful ( at the mo)
Feels like a line of calf is attached to a piece of string and something is pulling the string so the line of muscle goes tight!! Its on th
Anyone else know what I'm on about???

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    yes and you need a sports massage to sort it out. A deep tissue massage will help wonders.

Get one and the massage will hurt like foock but will sort you out. You could use a foam roller as well but they don't work as well. Doing sports massage on your own isn't as effetive as someone else doing it.
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    Hey up, so have you had the same thing then?
    Doesnt actually hurt but is a really weird feeling?
    Do you know what it is?
    I've been running with it and cycling but took the riding really easy just incase I ended up a hill with a pulled muscle!!!!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Yup....Last time it felt like a line right down the calf. I did have tight calves as well.

Went to sports massage... 40mins later problems gone.....
  • cw_74cw_74 Posts: 11
    I used to get a lot of calf injuries through my running style, I still get the odd twinge or pull when I overdue it. Agree that massage is essential but also look at acupuncture, I also now wear compression socks at every tri and also after in recovery

Cheers
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 0
    For nearly 10yrs I've been getting calf tightness and what feels lile calf pulls. Only recently I was told that it was mainly caused by weakness and tightness in my lower back. Been given core and back workouts, along with some good stretches and now i can run pain free.

Might be work a look
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    Completely random guess as theres b*gger all info available - its your peroneal tendon / peroneus longus. When mine is tight I can still run and bike.

Buy a foam roller. Get a tennis ball on it. Read this... http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/dow ... manual.pdf

If that doesnt work go for a sports massage.