Home Chat General Chat

Anyone doing the Dorchester Tri?

Hi All,

My first triathlon of the year, err actually ever, is the Dorchester Tri. I was wondering if anyone

else on here has done this Tri before and can give some insight to what the course is like?

I booked it thinking it was a sprint, but now Ive read the details looks like a 400M swim, with

a 16 mile bike ride and 4 mile run - a little more distance than a sprint, particularly the ride!

For the rest of the year I will be doing:

Blenheim - 3rd June

AXLR8 Wellington - 24th June

Bournemouth pier to pier swim at sea 22nd July

Michelob Ultra Olympic distance (My main target for charity) 5th August

South Coast Triathlon, 2nd Sept

Grim 8, Aldershot, Early December

Comments

• glencglenc Posts: 8
    A good friend of mine made the following map routes on mapmyrun.com

The bike ride: http://beta.mapmyrun.com/run/united-kingdom/dorchester/280336333

Looks like there are a couple of nasty hills in this (turn on elevation) with the total change

being around 150-200ft over the course

The Run http://beta.mapmyrun.com/run/united-kingdom/dorchester/280329273

Not too much in the way of elevation changes.

One thing I would like to know is are any of the roads clsoed off for the event? Could

be interesting with all the triathletes going down that A road if it's not.

Glen
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    I might have a look at doing this tri, not booked in yet though.

I did a sprint race organised by Concept Sport last year in Wimborne and the roads were not closed - don't know what they do in Dorchester though.

Mike

• RobRob Posts: 209
    Glen, I did this last year & am doing it again this year. The swim is your standard 400m swim in a pool, the bike is a very fast out & back course on to the Dorchester bypass & no it's not closed to traffic & yes, it is interesting sharing the road with the cars. Some drivers are more patient than others. There is a long, steady incline to the turn round point. The run has one hill from what I recall. I thoroughly enjoyed it last year. I'll let you know what my race no. is when I get it, come up & say hi.

I was wondering when the pier to pier swim was. I'll have a crack at this year I think. Any website for it?