Home Chat General Chat

Early morning training

Does any ony one here train early morning and by early I mean like 5:00am.

Comments

• dsk699dsk699 Posts: 20
    I normally get a cycle or short turbo session in early doors before work. Great start to the day!
  • PeaNutPeaNut Posts: 6
    Thats what i'm intending to do is get a couple of early morning cycles in. The biggest problem seems to be trying to drag my lazy butt out of bed.
    Only gets easier this time of year. Its gorgeous when its a nice morning and so early that nobodys about
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    i find I can get my butt outta bed just opening my eyes is the proble, [;)]

Think the earliest I've been up is 5:30am

dsk699 - I agree you can beat that nobody about feeling of the morning...

• MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    I don't normally train that early but I don't normally start until about 6:45. I used to train very early in the morning and I found that the key was to be consistent. At first it is very hard to drag yourself out of bed and do anything. However if you keep getting up at the same time, don't allow yourself to use the snooze button, and get to bed early it gradually becomes easy.

Mike

Well I did it. Got up at 5:00am and out on the bike by 5:10am went out for just over an hour spin. Was a bit chilly but a nice sunrise made up for it. Only down part is i've got to go to work now.
  • rj1265rj1265 Posts: 70
    Well Done -- I like morning training ... but I get up at 5:00am to head off for work ... finish @ 3pm - home for 4:30pm, this means some days I can can get double sessions in e.g. bike then swim / run / gym. The only problem is I am like a zombie after 9pm [:)]
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Well done! Now comes the hard part - doing it again and again.

Mike

• I like an early morning swim, as I can wake up in the car on the way to the pool!
    Well done mate!

I was up not quite so early- 6 start- for a nice hour outdoors on the bike. Smashed a few hills then cycled on to work.

Same again tomorrow!

Not be doing it again tomorrow but definitely going to get in the habit of doing at least a couple of times a week.
  • rj1265rj1265 Posts: 70
    Tomorrow -- Lie in (Saturday) till 8am, some shopping with the Mrs, then a 60 mile bike ride. [:)]
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    I started doing some early morning training a couple fo years ago and it took a little while to get used to them! I now get up at 5, do an hour (either bike or run) then head off to work.

It really helped when I got my nutrition sorted out - loads of rice/pasta in the evening, but I found the biggest difference came from pumpkin and sunflower seeds (stop laughing, it's true!!)

Being in the Aberdeen area means the winter months can be a bit tough - takes a lot of determination to head out in the snow when it's dark and minus 5 outside!