Home Chat General Chat

Runny nose on the bike!

Hi,

First post and relative newb, but I've completed my first sprint tri. I'm noticing that when I train on the bike that my nose runs like crazy? Doesn't seem to matter whether its hot or cold.

Anybody suffer from anything similar? Will it improve as my training progresses, are there any remedies etc etc?

Cheers

Comments

• LancsRiderLancsRider Posts: 205
    Hi, have the same problem which I have always put down to having my nose broken on a couple of occasions and not having it set corectly at the time. As this is year round I also do not put it down to allergies from pollen etc. In fact it is worse in cold windy weather. And I can have good days when the pollen count is high.

The first thing to explore is do you have the same problem with or without sunglasses. I have found since changing my glasses to something with a wider nose bridge the problem has not been as bad. Wonder if the pressure on the bridge of my nose from the old pair was contributing.

I also find rubbing vaseline inside the lower areas of my nose seems to reduce the effect of wind and so my nose does not start to run as much. Neither of the two points have completely stopped the problem but they do make it managable. Be rest asured that this is not unique I have come across riders who have the problem far worse than me.
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    My nose constantly pisses out on the bike & run,
    No idea what it is I've just put up with it as it's been like it for as long as I can remember.
    I just have to glance behind to make sure I don't cover anyone before and have a nostril blast !
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    Same here. Not pretty.

I,m also very aware on the rare time I pass people to watch for the turn of the head that indicates body fluids are about to be expelled.