Home Chat General Chat

Newbie saying hi

Hi all,

Did my first triathlon at Blenheim a few weeks back and enjoyed ( ) it so much, that I've decided to keep training and do a few more....

I am now trying to read and learn as much as I can - hence signing up here.

Comments

• gasgasgasgas Posts: 21
    hi supersonic,

i did blenheim also, super sprint (it was my first open water tri) how did you get on?
  • SuperSonicSuperSonic Posts: 18
    I was happy to finish but was disappointed with my time to be honest.

I was expecting the swim to be the worst part and was only aiming to do it in around 20 minutes, but actually I did okay and got under this quite easily - of course then the run up to T1 was a nightmare.

I used a singlespeed bike for the cycle part which was really hard work on those hills and against the wind coming up towards butterfly house, and so I was slightly outside my 45 minute bike target - but not by much.

It was the run where it all fell completely apart. I started the run at about 13:10 and the sun was out, it was a beautiful day and was getting pretty hot by this point. I was trying to cool down by chucking water over my head at the drinks stations, but it got to the stage when it was all I could manage to keep myself from walking. So, the run time was pretty terrible.

Still, I finished and it gives me a goal for next year

How about you - how did you get on?
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well by all accounts Blenheim is a toughy with the undulations and the main thing is you are now a triathlete - congratulations
  • SuperSonicSuperSonic Posts: 18
    Thanks Zacnici