Home Chat General Chat

My new steed

Just thought i'd share my new bike with you all.
Not sure whether to drop the bars or not yet as just getting used to it( before people say they're too high lol)
Hopefully going bikescience for a full bike fit.
Its the xl frame so i cant get it any bigger.

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Got enough spacers on that?

No probs with the bars being high. I had my bars raised on my SC - made me faster. Comfort it king.
  • jordyaljordyal Posts: 18
    About to order myself one of these bad boys - looks awesome.
    What was the lead time on it?

Cheers
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    I ordered it at the weekend with bank holiday monday, I had it on weds, next day delivery, bit gutted they didnt have the black one on offer in my size at the price I got this one.
    You need to get the headset and cable things to!!!

Just been for a quick spin out as not been out for 2 weeks (on hols) feels fast and comfy, I built it up myself so cables a bit tight but goes in a straight line well lol

Theres only a 40mm spacer under the bars, and I've now cut down the steerer tube to get rid of the top ones
    I would like to say, that this bike is not an off the peg planet x bike, as I bought the frame on its own and built the bike up from new parts all by myself
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    On my bike fit my bars were raised. Important bit is the saddle position, the rest follows,
    after the few rides I've been on now it all feels awesome, think the crack in the old frame made it rubish, this one feels so much different and fast!!!
    still gonna get a bike fit tho cos i'm sure there is always room for improvement.
    raising bars??? everyone always goes on about lowering em lol
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    I thought these bikes came with internal cabling?

I've been considering a set of Zipp 404 tubs to put on my maddone road bike for a while, after the review this bike got in 220, I seriously thinking about ditching the 404's and having both a roadie and a TT set up!
    Makes much more sense no?
    nope, no internal cabling on it which is a shame, but will it make that much aero difference.
    it feels faster than my pro lite espresso which i had all the same parts on and transfered over!!!
    If i had that money I'd buy the new bike with planet x's own wheels and have both bikes, cos road bikes are still a pleasure to go out for the day on with friends, tt bikes bit more extreme position for "days out"
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    For sure the internal cabling probably has as much aesthetic appeal as it does aero!

Agreed, for the same kind of money as you'd spend on a set wheels you can have full on tt set up and roadie for training and group rides.

Enjoy your new steed!
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    Like Jordyal I'd like one of those, It's at the top of my next purchases list.
    Nice. . .

I would have gone for white, (Or Red) I hate black in bikes (my own personal opinion)

How much is the bike fit out of interest ? I'm needing one of those soon, where are you having it done ?
    the price for the frames has gone back up again for some reason,
    yeah now I have the bike in white it looks pretty smart to be honest!!! their own forks are lighter than those on it but i=I already had these ones
    was gonna go bike science for it £175 retul bike fit, but theres a place nearer in manchester than does one for £110 pedal precicion wich I might try instead as its a lot closer
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    £110 sounds reasonable, may have to tie in a trip to the Velodrome that I still need to spend (xmas Present)
    Let me know how it goes, whether you think it's worth it ?

cheers