Home Chat General Chat

which cycle shorts for long distance ?

Hi

I am looking for some cycling shorts for long distance.

I currently use my tri specific shorts which where fine until I started to increase my distance.

Then i started to get saddle sores again, I am aiming for ironman distance.

So top of the list must be extreme comfort.

current saddle is a (san marco tri gel saddle.)

and tri shorts are (orca 226 tri pants plus.)

Regards

Darren

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    stp2
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    Just got back from a 4hr club ride and the time has come to invest in new cycling shorts. Mine are fine for an hour or two but any longer and I now realise they are just not up to the job,

Anyone recoomend a good pair of cycling shorts (not bib) for longer rides?
  • Dear,

Lycra Shorts are suitable for long distance.These shorts keep your body comfortable and dry with high quality of fabrics that absorbs perspiration. The fabric is most durable. one thing should keep in mind that the shorts are washed, clean and dry before going to long distance.

Tank Top | Cycling Shorts
  • LancsRiderLancsRider Posts: 205
    For me there is only one choice and that is Assos for shorts and tights, I do use other brands at lower price points for tops/jackets etc. Once you have discovered Assos there is often no turning back. I persoanlly have a range of Assos garments ranging from shorts, bibknickers through to winter tights. I can recomend these based on rides up to Ironman distances with no problems whatsoever. Many people will shirk away from Assos gear due to the price, however be assured the manufacturing quality is second to none and Assos gear out lasts anything else I have owned. If you are looking for comfort there is nothing on the market as a chamois which is as elastic as Assos inserts which simply move with your body to the extent you don't know it is there. The one downside of Assos for many is that it is based on an athletic cycling fit, so try before you buy if this is the way you want to go.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Agree buy the best you can for long distance. I got Sugoi, in fact how weird is thi,s 1 year ago to the day I did this post - spooky .... sugoi-shorts-opinions-t49191.html?hilit= sugoi
  • ColinthColinth Posts: 15
    Another vote for Assos, expensive initially but they last for ages so not dear in the long run. Comfort and fit is second to none, great range of sizes, I'm 6'2" and 16.5 stone and the XLG fit me perfectly
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Another vote for Assos, shop around & deals can be found, Chain Reaction, JEJames &Parker International have had my dollars in the past for good deals, however with all these things getting the fit right is the main point..luckily I can fit small &/or medium...175cm & 72kg, of me. Small is errr snug, but it works.
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    I have some Gore shorts - terrible.....the seams on the inside are rough and they can really dig into your skin. Might get some Assos then....