Home Chat General Chat

tri spoke and wheel sensor

jboyjboy Posts: 40
Hi,

I have a front tri spoke. how will I get the sensor for the computer on the rim? glue?

Plastic ties will not work with the sensor I have unfortunatley.

Thanks

Comments

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Glue.

Or move the sensor to your rear wheel?
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    you clearly need new wheels and therfore you should give me the wheels you have now
  • jboyjboy Posts: 40
    shadow,

well they were on the for sale section of the forum. I have another wheelset of x2 tri spokes if you're interested

rear wheel is also tri spoke so same poblem and i think the sensor will be too far away to pick up the signal.

i know ppl put a small magnet in the valve hole and duct tape around it. I'll prob just try that.

Cheers
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I was joking.. I have pimp wheels...

What you want to do is get a high powered magnet and then tape it to the spoke. Someone has posted something similar of the timetrialling forum - was it you by any chance?
  • would a tiny piece of velcro work?? :roll:
  • LancsRiderLancsRider Posts: 205
    Looking at some of photos of bikes in this years Tour there are a few examples of mechanics Aralditing the speed magnets onto their carbon rims. This is fine as epoxy resin is often used and advised to fill in cosmetic marks / chips in carbon components, without me reading of any issues on cycling specific forums. The issue is of course can you get the sensor close to the rim level of your wheel.
    would a tiny piece of velcro work??
    No. It's not magnetic.
    So anyway, still glue. I have once had a magnet come loose from beneath electrical tape.