Home Chat General Chat

Leg Thigh Master

Hi All,

Can anyone see the benefit of one of these machines to strengthen and loosen the hips/thighs or am i just being silly.

[img:1ap93pv6]http://www.omagesport.com/product/small/1301626337legmaster.jpg[/img:1ap93pv6]

Pat...

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    i can't work out which bits go where. it looks like some insane pogo stick.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Probably only benefit to a very limited extent someone who needed to rehab their muscles.Quite sure it is advertised on QVC or similar.
    Most gyms have better more complex machines,or just do stride jumps
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    looks to me like one of those pointless exercise machines you get from a shopping channel early in the morning.
    I bet if you read the bunff that comes with it, you will find it does all sorts of majci stuff to muscle groups and in very small print says, when used in conjunction with a balanced diet and other exercise routines.

Thats jusy my opinion but we all have bought some sort of sit up machine or something like this once and will never do it again!
  • Unless it is vitally urgent I would log a request with you GP to check in with local physio. I am presuming you want to strengthen/loosen your thighs etc cos you have some kind of pain, or feel they aren't working properely. I had pain in upper shoulders and ITB when running both which needed small adjustments, daily excercises and both of which I have never had an issue with again. GP refers you to local NHS physio, referral takes a month or two, depending on where you live but I would highly recommend them as they are normally young sports physio's doing NHS internships and keen as mustard to fix you up.

Just my 2pw
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    First principles...what you do is what you get, you do lots of slidy, slidy side to sidey you get very good inner & outer thigh muscles. These are important for many things not least controlling where your knee goes on landing/loading when running. However since most of the time you are running, straight ahead is the mode, it would make sense to train the muscles to stabilise in straight ahead mode mostly. However were you to take up a sport with primarily lateral movement such as speed skating, or with lots of lateral movement as part of the skills..any ball sport (OK not snooker or golf..but I did say sport) such as soccer, tennis, squash, rugby etc then this may be more beneficial. simply put training using single leg work, with some balance component would probably benefit you better....& would be free, as mentioned lateral jumps would be a place to start...lightly, gently & slowly build.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Oh & if I was to use said contraption, I would take off the handle to increase the balance challenge & benefit more muscles.