Home Chat General Chat

a potentially essential piece of kit?

Just thought I'd share some info on a great product I found and have since purchased while tooling around on the web looking for Tri inspiration. I hope I never have to use it but I feel better that I have it.

It's called RoadID ([color=#810081]http://www.roadid.com/[/color]), I happened across the site by pure accident and ordered a couple of products (a wrist band and an ankle band - the ankle band for swimming). Each was $20 with $5 postage so not too expensive. You can specify a decent amount of emergency information on them including name, phone numbers, medical conditions, allegies, blood group, donor information etc.)

The web site seems like a breeze to use and the service excellent.

Just to be clear - I've no link with the firm other than as a satisfied customer.

Cheers

Comments

• BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    I think with the amount of time I spend out alone this is a superb idea, especially given my very bad habit of not carrying any id or contact numbers.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Totally agree that it is a great piece of cheap kit.Particularly if you use a timing chip for racing as it is more comfortable than the straps provided.Everyone is a safe runner/cyclist but it is the other idiots on the road that are the danger.I have used a roadid for the last 12 months and like the thread starter I have now allegiance to the company.
  • hound doghound dog Posts: 293
    Just got one for my birthday, great idea and actually looks quite cool. [8D]
  • PeaNutPeaNut Posts: 6
    Mine came yesterday and found it comfortable to wear. As I do most of my riding alone I thought It make sense to carry some sort of id.
  • I agree , I came across them when I was living in the states a few years ago. I have the dogtag version.

Very high quality and they make a good gift .

I also train a lot on my own better safe than sorry.
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Was thinking something like this would be a good idea, have now ordered various things...

;-)