Home Chat General Chat

choosing between 2 bikes`

Hi there,

New to the sport... Can I get a bit of advice on these two bikes... Which one should I go for and why no to go for the other one sorta thing...

Cannondale Synapse 105 2011 Road Bike
or
Trek 2.1 Triple 2011 Road Bike

Looking to buy today so the more oppinion i get the better really...

Cheers

Comments

• QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    Spec wise not that much between them except for the triple chainset on the Trek (lots of big hills on your rides?) vs compact on the Cannondale ...pick the one that matches your cycling gear.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Which one fits better? Which one do you like the look of? if the answer is the same - get that one!
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126

Get a Cube.
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    Atomic wrote:

Get a Cube.
    Oh right its open season then.....

Get a Planet X Superlight - not much more coin and the frame is made out of cloth n glue instead of that stuff that gets mined out of the ground.
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126

Or get the dearest bike that you can find at 0%interest

and then use the money you've saved to buy new wheels for her.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    +1 for the planet X - some good deals on at present too.

General principle is get the best frame you can afford and you can upgrade the groupset / wheels / etc later on.

Other rules...

1. It shall be made of carbon
    2. It shall be nude or red
    3. Triples are for grannies
  • jcs356jcs356 Posts: 37
    Depending upon how seriously you are going to take your cycling, I'll stick the 'never buy a carbon frame as your first bike' mantra into the mix. The bikes you list are road bikes and not Tri specific, so if you like cycling and get bitten by the tri bug, you are no doubt going to be tempted by a tri specific bike at some point. At this point, your existing steed then becomes your training/winter hack bike - hence not having a carbon frame for something that is going to get some abuse over the winter makes sense.

So back to your question - either of those two seem sensible as a first serious bike and would also do the job as your winter hack. I'd steer clear of a triple - go compact if you need to - but not a triple.