Home Chat Race Chat

A new concept in triathlon

Hi guys,

I work for the charity Leonard Cheshire Disability and we've just launched a new triathlon called Tri Together, which is uniquely designed for disabled and non-disabled people to swim, bike and run together. It's a sprint distance triathlon and takes place on Sunday 11th September at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, London.

We launched at the TCR show back in February and have since been working tirelessly to get the message out to all triathlon clubs and members. Although we're a British Triathlon accredited event and have emailed all the triathlon clubs in the UK, we are finding that alot of our registrations are not coming through the clubs.

So can I ask have many of you heard about Tri Together (http://www.lcdisability.org/tritogether) and if you have how have you heard?

If not, can you tell me why you think clubs are not responding? i.e. circulating to their members, adding it to their race calenders or websites?

We have had such a positive response from the triathlon community about Tri Together but would like to try and harness that enthusiasm now and ask people to help us spread the word. As we are such a new event, trying to achieve something very unique, it would mean a lot if you could ask you club secretary or chairman to circulate the information I sent or message me your details and I'll send you some more information.

Many thanks,
Caroline
The Tri Together team

What do you need to know about Tri Together?

- When & where? Sunday 11 September 2011 at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, London.
- Sprint distance triathlon perfect for everyone from the novice to the seasoned triathlete.
- Indoor 400m swim, a 15km cycle in Crystal Palace Park and a 5km run in the Jubilee Stadium.
- Supported by Triathlon England, tri247.com and the Crystal Palace Triathlon Club.
- Individuals and Teams are welcome to enter and take on the challenge on their own or shared.
- It’s an accessible triathlon with hand cycles, sports wheelchairs and tandem bikes welcome.
- A low entry fee in fact one of the lowest entry fees on the market at just £30 per person.
- It’s a fundraiser too as we ask participants to raise £220 per person or £600 for a team of three. It’s worth it! Our charity provides innovative, life-changing services for disabled people to live life their way.

Comments

• So if I wanted to race with my son who has Cerebral Palsy you could accommodate that ?

Presumably not the swim leg ( I tow a kayak currently )

Sounds interesting and great idea
  • LCDeventsLCDevents Posts: 7
    willieverfinish wrote:
    So if I wanted to race with my son who has Cerebral Palsy you could accommodate that ?

Presumably not the swim leg ( I tow a kayak currently )

Sounds interesting and great idea
    Apologies Willieeverfinish, I don't know how I missed your previous post. Thank you for your interest in Tri Together, yes we could definitely accomodate but as you say the kayak in an indoor pool might be an interesting one . Would you like to give myself, Caroline a call on 02032420396 and we can discuss further?!