Home Chat General Chat

What would you buy?

Just got a 200£ voucher (use in any kind of store) and I have "everything" and its all in an ok condition. (Well what I don't have is a 2nd bike and a indoor trainer).

What shall I spend the money on?

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Are you sure there's nothing to upgrade?

If you haven't got it then you either don't need it (highly unlikely) or you don't know you need it
  • andissandiss Posts: 82
    Well I could replace any of my parts on my bike for a newer/better, my wetsuit is worn but ok to use for another season...its not enough to buy carbon handlebars. I have an aero helmet, just got new runners and tri suit is only a season....

Googles are used but ok, saddle are ok same with my cycle shoes or cleats....

Or shall I wait until I brake something?

Maybe I should just bulk up on energy gels?!

To bad i cant use it for entry to events
  • You could always auction them off for charity!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I can see you just itching to spend

Seriously if you can't think of anything at the moment keep the money until you actually need it - you never know some fantastic bargain may present itself ... or why not use some of the money to treat your other half at the end of season
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Bike fit. And an aerojacket for your rear wheel...
    Now we're talking.

Id say upgrade of cycle components or a new wetsuit or a indoor trainer is starting to top the list...I just need to make up my mind...

Realised its very easy to spend 200£ on bits and pieces

I don't have an aero bottle......
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    If you're racing sprint distance, you don't need a bottle of any description, aero or not...
    well there is no lack of bottles after all the free gear you get..
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Can you get Beer with the Voucher ? .. just a thought
    aaahhh beeeer.......i miss you old friend

[img:zi5flgyd]http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/m/motivational_beer-12988.jpg[/img:zi5flgyd]
  • gavinpgavinp Posts: 168
    If your wetsuit is only good for one more season, hold onto your money and put it towards a fancy spankin' new one at the beginnning of next year.

Or give it to me, I could spend £2,000.00 let alone £200.00 on new toys... er I mean essential equipment in a heart beat
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    you've already identidfied your needs.

turbo trainer and a cheap tyre (don't worry about it being a "turbo" tyre).

if you are really worried babout your rear wheel and cassette then yes get a cheapy set and a chain to go with it, but it depends on how much you are going to swap between turbo and outdoors riding especially in the winter months.

didds