Home Chat General Chat

ironman nottingham

I was just wondering if any one could help me.

I have a bike called a banshee shogun pro, it is pretty sweet and i can pull some sick speeds on it. I went down hill the other day in about 2 minutes.

The problem is I really struggle with going super fast uphill. I only have about 28 gears but can squat 150kgs which is major heavy on my legs so i am what you guys would call a power man.

I also have a problem with chain where it has gone really orange and wont shift from the small one on the back and the big one on the front i have about a 60 tooth ringer on the front as i counted them (it took like 45mins cos i kept losing my place).

i am currently doing about 20 miles each week in about 2.5 hours but have entered ironman nottingham. IS THIS ENOUGH????? i am worried about not making it!!

when i entered i thought you got a rest between each one for an hour!

Finally does anyone know any good swim lessons, I am struggling with about 16 lengths at the moment but my mate told me if i get a wetsuit they give you forward motion whilst keeping me afloat. is this right.

I am worried I am underprepared, but you know what they say, you ain't hardcore unless you live hardcore.

cheers

Comments

• jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    Never heard of Ironman Nottingham ?
    Have they popped another one on the map of the UK ?
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    FFS.. James read that post again....Jesus talk about not reading what's in front of you
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    banshee shogun pro won't cut it mate, you need at least a raleigh team banana, or an emelle - otherwise you'll be going nowhere near the pros.

buy a carbon wetsuit, they're the ones with the best engines in them (and they look mega cool).
  • jamewahjamewah Posts: 113
    I Read it all right & understood :roll:

Maybe you should try 'Ironman Macclesfield' a bit later in the year ?
    December I think it is, it'll give you a bit longer to get Prepared and maybe you might save enough of your pocket money for a Raleigh Banana as well as the carbon wetsuit ??
  • stevsterstevster Posts: 73
    I hope you havent paid Ironman prices for this event seeing as IT DOESNT EXIST!!!!!!!!
    :roll::roll::roll::roll:
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    But what if....its genuine!
    :roll:
  • stevsterstevster Posts: 73
    But what if....its genuine!

No there is definitely no Ironman in Macclesfield
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    But there is the Outlaw at Nottingham, not a DotM but an Iron distance
  • sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    He may be talking about IronTroll Beeston.
  • I went down hill the other day in about 2 minutes.

look face it - this is a wind up. I know who it is
  • sonofsammosonofsammo Posts: 191
    ironmanwill wrote:
    I was just wondering if any one could help me.

I have a bike called a banshee shogun pro here's your first mistake - riding an invisible bike
    , it is pretty sweet and i can pull some sick speeds on it. I went down hill the other day in about 2 minutes.

The problem is I really struggle with going super fast uphill. I only have about 28 gears but can squat 150kgs which is major heavy on my legs so i am what you guys would call a power man.second mistake - you really shouldn't be trying to squat 150 anything whilst cycling - it makes it ever so difficult

I also have a problem with chain where it has gone really orange and wont shift from the small one on the back and the big one on the front i have about a 60 tooth ringer on the front as i counted them (it took like 45mins cos i kept losing my place).

i am currently doing about 20 miles each week in about 2.5 hours but have entered ironman nottingham. IS THIS ENOUGH????? i am worried about not making it!!third mistake - Do not worry - you will achieve something greater than a finish - it's called a double nutter finish and is highly sought after amongst a certain segment of the population

when i entered i thought you got a rest between each one for an hour! you can take as much rest as you want - this often leads to the double nutter finish

Finally does anyone know any good swim lessons, I am struggling with about 16 lengths at the moment but my mate told me if i get a wetsuit they give you forward motion whilst keeping me afloat. is this right.surestart run some excellent sessions in our area - I'm sure they run them round your way too

I am worried I am underprepared, but you know what they say, you ain't hardcore unless you live hardcore.

cheers
    Please see hints in bold above.
    There's all sorts of hints and tips you can use to improve your situation - just browse the forum!
    Spam for nutrition, a variety of supplements to help improve you TTP max and there are come session plans to help improve your top end FFS.
    Hope that's helped and good luck reaching the finish line!