Home Chat General Chat

Fatman to Ironman

2»

Comments

• Yeah mate, it's all on this thread... http://www.220triathlon.com/forum/london-olympic-crash-report-t47150.html

my muscles in my neck and back keep going into spasm now - 4 days later. It's fecking killing me.
  • I'm another "larger guy" having a go at triathlon, and earlier this month finished The Vitruvian in a time of 7:44 and found myself welling up as I crossed the line.

I'm already planning on following a more regimented training plan (read this as following a training plan full stop) and heading back to beat my time by a significant margin next year. I'm also keen to have a crack at The Outlaw and the full IM distance next year.

Hopefully I'll be able to get down from my 17 stone current weight to something a little easier to haul up the hills, but your story is an inspirational one Jason. Keep it up.
  • What a great way to inspire people and bigger units across the country. great stuff mate. hope the journey keeps going!
  • I think I am where you were some time back - I just started training AND doing a blog. I am looking forward to my first race - I am a novice on every level!! I am drawing inspiration from your story.
  • What's with this term "bigger units" ?

Is this a politically correct term ?

I like it actually... Better than " larger than average, fat, solid, well built".

Triathlon is accessible on every level for every single person . It's a great sport.
  • willieverfinish wrote:
    What's with this term "bigger units" ?

Is this a politically correct term ?

I like it actually... Better than " larger than average, fat, solid, well built".

Triathlon is accessible on every level for every single person . It's a great sport.
    Speaking as a larger unit myself, I am still in the process of downsizing.....
    The journey continues!
    And Jase - you're a legend