Home Chat General Chat

Wetsuits - what to look out for...

regardless of fitting, marketing, money, hype, colour, celebrity - which one rocks???

Is it defined by the quality of rubber? buoyancy? number of panels?

First season over and I used a Zoot Fusion - great suit - big fitting (considering I'm 6'5" and 100kgs) which only got better later in the season, possible due to me stretching the rubber around the shoulders more..

Looking at upgrading to an xterra vendetta. Great spec, good reviews and a decent price. But then there is this http://triathlon.competitor.com/2011/09/gear-tech/tyr-freak-of-nature-the-1200-wetsuit_39772

Does the extra buck get you more bang? I can't see much difference between the xterra and the tyr other than the yamamoto rating.

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    A wettie is all about type of meterial and its slip through the water. Some suits dont pass through the water like others do. With alot of suits fit is key as a baggy suits means filling with water and you dragging it round with you.
    It does however appear the more you spend the better the suit. I am using a foor suit and its great for me at my level. I know I am not going to win an event so just beating my own PB in my normal kit is good for me.

Budget is one thing most people use to buy a suit. If you can afford £700 for wetsuit then good for you and let us know how good the suit is. However it does look like a good suit style wise.

blinkybaz
  • I use the speedo range which are fantastic - really nice fit and I also think they look - This is a must when buying kit! ha.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Fit, fit, fit.

Also depends what sort of swimmer you are; if you are a dolphin then you need a different suit to someone who needs buoyancy