Home Chat General Chat

Gluten Free nutrition

Ive recently discovered that gluten, in particularly bread, doesnt agree with me or my guts! Ive altered my diet in most areas but am struggling with my race nutrition.

I race Ironman, so obviously nutrition is a massive part of the plan..... does anyone have any clue which products out there are GF??????

Thanks

Comments

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I am pretty certain 9-bar are gluten free - taste great and are relatively cheap too - you can buy 3 in Tesco for £1.60.

I have never used these in IM but as longs as you could carry a few of these I don't see why you couldn't use them instead of gels and other energy bars.
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    nakd bars are gluten free, they do a whole range not really race specific but pretty rasty and energy rich
  • doogledoogle Posts: 58
    Try contacting celiac uk as they have a database of gluten free products and suppliers and also may be able to put you in touch with other athletes / organisations that can help.

you could try making your own energy bars from gluten free oats mixed with nuts and seeds etc. most supermarkets have a decent selection now in the free from areas.

After winning wimbledon this year Novak Djokovic anounced he was on a gluten free diet as he felt better for it so there may be some info on his web site or the web in gerneral on his diet.

There are a lot of good celiac forums, so searching some of these may also give you some answers.